Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
222 Posts
Like so many on here, on my Snow White Pearl GTLine RWD, I did black badges, PPF on the entire front, wheel arches, quarters to the doors, hood, and mirrors. Tinted the windows, moonroof, and the windshield, it did not affect the HUD. Got wireless CarPlay dongle that works great 97% of the time. I’m probably done except for mud guards and replacing the floor and cargo mats with weatherproof ones.

I’d like to find someone in the UK to buy the replacement parts for the frunk, so I could have a deeper one. Having sequential turn signals and replacing the lower black chrome with functional lights would be incredibly awesome. Maybe I’ll find something else down the road.

A lot have switched wheels and tires. Several added tow hitches. at least on wants to lower it. I think many of those with matte paint are covering them with ceramic. Some are looking into or have replaced headlight bulbs.

Try different words in the search bar and you’ll find lots of posts.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like so many on here, on my Snow White Pearl GTLine RWD, I did black badges, PPF on the entire front, wheel arches, quarters to the doors, hood, and mirrors. Tinted the windows, moonroof, and the windshield, it did not affect the HUD. Got wireless CarPlay dongle that works great 97% of the time. I’m probably done except for mud guards and replacing the floor and cargo mats with weatherproof ones.

I’d like to find someone in the UK to buy the replacement parts for the frunk, so I could have a deeper one. Having sequential turn signals and replacing the lower black chrome with functional lights would be incredibly awesome. Maybe I’ll find something else down the road.

A lot have switched wheels and tires. Several added tow hitches. at least on wants to lower it. I think many of those with matte paint are covering them with ceramic. Some are looking into or have replaced headlight bulbs.

thank you!

mom still not convinced the PPF are going to be for me. They are still so expensive. Wheels and tires I would love to change but can’t bring myself to spend 2k on wheels and tires and just toss the stickers .

thank you for input though!

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
188 Posts
PPF will be your best friend if you drive alot around and on the highway. It is the best investment I made on my stinger. My poor Sportage was washed and waxed week and I have more chips and scratches from road debris.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PPF will be your best friend if you drive alot around and on the highway. It is the best investment I made on my stinger. My poor Sportage was washed and waxed week and I have more chips and scratches from road debris.
2 things
I only plan on keeping it for 12-18 months.

and the other is around by me it’s 3000+ to get a proper PPF I’d bet it would be cheaper just to paint the front chips etc on the front lol.

·
Registered
222 Posts
All the stuff I did for tint/PPF was $2100 with some discounts for previous customer, having my original receipt from those purchases and just plain having fun and laughing with the manager. Wasn’t pushy with when it needed to be done but I did ask if they could do better. When they broke it down, I made an appointment immediately before she changed her mind.

And living in the high desert, can you say high winds and sand blasting along with the crazy sun, it’s a good investment. I will likely be back as soon as I can save enough, I’m retired, and have more PPF on top and the sides.

Obviously, I plan on keeping the EV6 for a long time. I’m glad I bought when I did. Regardless of any issues, I’ve had none, knock on wood, there have been few and far between equipped like I wanted.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All the stuff I did for tint/PPF was $2100 with some discounts for previous customer, having my original receipt from those purchases and just plain having fun and laughing with the manager. Wasn’t pushy with when it needed to be done but I did ask if they could do better. When they broke it down, I made an appointment immediately before she changed her mind.

And living in the high desert, can you say high winds and sand blasting along with the crazy sun, it’s a good investment. I will likely be back as soon as I can save enough, I’m retired, and have more PPF on top and the sides.

Obviously, I plan on keeping the EV6 for a long time. I’m glad I bought when I did. Regardless of any issues, I’ve had none, knock on wood, there have been few and far between equipped like I wanted.
Yeah my tint PPF and lvl 2 charger would be 2800 and it was all AT COST.

if and when we do get the GT I might

·
Registered
51 Posts
<snip>
<snip>
I'm hopefully buying one in a month or so, how's your DC charging rates and highway range. I live in the Southwest and can't see driving below 75mph on the highways here.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm hopefully buying one in a month or so, how's your DC charging rates and highway range. I live in the Southwest and can't see driving below 75mph on the highways here.
I’m averaging 4.0-4.2 mi/kWh. My range after charging to 100% Sunday is 318 miles and 4.0mi/kWh. After driving for a couple of days, albeit mostly city, I’m still at plus 315 miles. I don’t drive over 70mph highway so that helps a lot. I’ve been driving in Eco/auto level 1 city and eco/normal level 0 highway, once up to speed. I have not charged DC yet, but will next month when I go to CA on business. IMHO, speeds over 65-70mph will kill your range and mi/kWh.
Motor vehicle Sky Vehicle door Automotive design Font

·
Registered
65 Posts

What is PPF? Thanks in advance...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts