Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my EV6 for a year now and have done 9000 miles. The service notification is now showing that the service is due at 10000 miles or 12 months. I called in at the dealership to book it in and they say the service is not due until 20000 miles or 2 years. Is this correct in your understanding?

· Registered
361 Posts
I've had my EV6 for a year now and have done 9000 miles. The service notification is now showing that the service is due at 10000 miles or 12 months. I called in at the dealership to book it in and they say the service is not due until 20000 miles or 2 years. Is this correct in your understanding?
I've paid for a 3 year plan for £300. They said to bring it in at the end of year 1 but it's literally just a check-up.

· Administrator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,354 Posts
Its a 2 year service or 20K miles but you can still have your car checked each year, its just an annual check up and not really a service and was part of the Kia service plan you could take out.

The full service is 2 years or 20K.

· Registered
381 Posts
I too read it is a 20k service, but the car is notifying service is due at 10k (currently at the 9700 mile mark).

I've got full cover service, which includes tyres and brakes etc., so I've booked it in. The service depot have taken the booking for next Thursday.

Tyres have good tread, but slip at every opportunity, so I've asked for all 4 to be replaced 👍

· Administrator
3,354 Posts
I too read it is a 20k service, but the car is notifying service is due at 10k (currently at the 9700 mile mark).

I've got full cover service, which includes tyres and brakes etc., so I've booked it in. The service depot have taken the booking for next Thursday.

Tyres have good tread, but slip at every opportunity, so I've asked for all 4 to be replaced 👍
Can I ask what make of tyres you have as the ones on mine stick to the road perfectly, just wondering if yours was fitted with a different tyre or as all things you had a bad batch fitted.

· Administrator
3,354 Posts
AHH, OK that makes sense, I have larger wheels and different make and model of tyres and maybe why I am not having similar issues.

· Registered
381 Posts
Well my car has been in for its 10,000 mile service, it's there now, at the service depot, on charge, ready for me to pick up. They've sorted the low tyre pressure anomaly too... Highly recommend Newcastle Kia!

· Registered
381 Posts
They said they'd corrected it, didn't actually say what it was. Pleased you asked, as I've just checked the pressures and they've inflated to 40, 41, and the one with the error is showing 38. So I'm wondering now if that was also set to 40, 41, and is deflating... I'll keep an eye 😂

Sky Vehicle Window Car Automotive design

Range looks to have improved too 😃

Temperature Font Material property Rectangle Number

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have contacted another Kia dealer to book the 10K service and they stated the same story as my local dealer. that is there is no 10K service schedule from Kia and the service schedule is 20K, 40K 60K so I can't get the service localiy Please let me know the dealership that will conduct the 10K service as I would be prepared to travel a fair distance to get my book stamped.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts