Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I have ordered the ev6 gt line with the 20" black and silver wheels...however I want them all black. Looking close at the design it could look like this is a wheel which is pieced together...which means the silver parts may just clicked off...have anyone seen it live and taken a close look at the wheels?

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
17 Posts
What I saw last week on an 'EV6 experience' was that the black part looks like 'plastic'.
It looked that it was clicked in or something like that.

·
Registered
151 Posts
What I saw last week on an 'EV6 experience' was that the black part looks like 'plastic'.
It looked that it was clicked in or something like that.
oh, you might be right I was thinking about the silver parts. It's a bit of a faff but you could remove the tyre, remove the plastic parts and either paint or powder coat the whole wheel. You would need to rebalance obviously. I would also only fill with Nitrogen as you get less pressure variation with temperature changes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, you might be right I was thinking about the silver parts. It's a bit of a faff but you could remove the tyre, remove the plastic parts and either paint or powder coat the whole wheel. You would need to rebalance obviously. I would also only fill with Nitrogen as you get less pressure variation with temperature changes.
I could look like it is the black bits which are plastic...that would be like on the Tesla 3, due to less drag...so it will be interesting to see if this is the case and how the wheel looks behind the plastic! Maybe they look like the 21" wheels from the GT?
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Product Alloy wheel

·
Registered
4 Posts
These are the available rims in the Dutch Kia-webshop
Could you post a link to that store? Does anyone know what are the wheel specs, like offset,bolt pattern etc.?

This video has set of (factory?) wheels I haven't seen in any other EV6 yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts