Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the specs for the 20" wheels? I am seriously considering replacing the stock wheels that come with the car but without the detailed specs its nearly impossible to shop for wheels. Anyone know those exact specifics?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leaves out wheel offsets.

I saw this on a a random website but it is not confirmed.

255/45R20 105H 8Jx20 ET57 2.5
255/45R20 105H 8Jx20 ET48 2.5
255/45R20 105H 8.5Jx20 ET50 2.5
This is more info, but honestly this wheel s*it has so many options, I'm probably going to end up visiting the local tire shop to get their input. On that note, I sent a request to the guys at Fitment Industries to see if they can add the EV6 to their site. Its a cool site because it can take your car and superimpose any wheels that fit it onto the graphic, which has got to be a HUGE help. I may have misspoken, because I am absolutely going to replace the wheels as one of my very first things I do. lol

·
Registered
Powered by diesel (for now).
177 Posts
You will need the offset, the wheel centre hole size and the PCD.

I have been looking for a while, but not found anything. Will wait till i get my own car and check it myself.
I find the above table strange as it shows 2 wheel combinations with the same wheel size, with a big differance in the offset (ET57 and ET48).
Best whipping a wheel off and it will be cast into one of the wheel spokes on the inside.

The PCD is also important, to get the wheel bolt spacing.

I had found this, but im not 100% sure if this is correct.
255/45/20.
5x 114.3 PCD.
Centre 67.1mm. ET50 for 8.5” Wheels.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sent an email to the folks at Fitment Industries who specialize in after market wheels that make cars look cool. lol Maybe they can help us figure this out. I like to think I'm fairly technical but this is all greek to me.

·
Registered
Powered by diesel (for now).
177 Posts
Offset is just how far the mounting face of the wheel to the hub is away from the wheel centre line (in mm).
PCD is for the bolt spacing. The 5 means 5 wheel nuts / bolts.

Wheels and tyres are a mixture of Metric and imperial.
Wheels are in inches for width and diameter and offset in mm, yet tyres with the 255 and 45 being mm and the 20 being in inches.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know the specs for the 20" wheels? I am seriously considering replacing the stock wheels that come with the car but without the detailed specs its nearly impossible to shop for wheels. Anyone know those exact specifics?
Apparently its 20x8.5 +45mm 5x114.3 or something like that. I'm not buying anything until I take it to my local tire shop and let them help me with this. Besides, if THEY order the wrong thing, its on them and not me. LOL

·
Registered
199 Posts
Basically someone needs to pull off their bleepin wheels and stop guessin'. If my EV6 was here i would do it.. But I'm still rocking that Niro EV life... 4.1 mi/kw though..... I hope i dont miss it too much. :p

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
252 Posts
Offset is just how far the mounting face of the wheel to the hub is away from the wheel centre line (in mm).
PCD is for the bolt spacing. The 5 means 5 wheel nuts / bolts.

Wheels and tyres are a mixture of Metric and imperial.
Wheels are in inches for width and diameter and offset in mm, yet tyres with the 255 and 45 being mm and the 20 being in inches.
I'm sure you know this, but others might not. The "45" is not mm. It's unitless. It's the ratio of the width of the tire (255 mm) and the height of the sidewall. In this case, the sidewall is 255 mm * 0.45 = 114.75 mm tall. Tire specifications just had to be designed by a committee, right? Three numbers, and one's in inches, another is in millimeters, and the last doesn't have a unit.

·
Registered