Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

· Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD w/Tech Gravity Blue
174 Posts
I remember shortly after it was announced many were expecting it to be near 70k and some said I was way off when I said it would be 62-64k. Great deal on that car for those that want the GT.

· Registered
471 Posts
Does the U.S. spec GT have a sunroof? Between the range hit and the loss of memory seats, not sure which route I want to go now, GT vs GT-line.
If this is your only car and you take weekend/long road trips... I'm not sure the GT is ideal.

I owned a Mach-E GT PE and it was a fricking power hog (sub 2.6 mi/kWh efficiency at 70-75mph) and the range hit was 50+ miles from a Premium AWD ER to that trim. If this is your secondary car you use for commuting and fun weekend drives.. GT all the way.

· Registered
106 Posts
If this is your only car and you take weekend/long road trips... I'm not sure the GT is ideal.

I owned a Mach-E GT PE and it was a fricking power hog (sub 2.6 mi/kWh efficiency at 70-75mph) and the range hit was 50+ miles from a Premium AWD ER to that trim. If this is your secondary car you use for commuting and fun weekend drives.. GT all the way.
Depends a lot on how much you drive everyday. I have FE and I get about 3.2 mi/kWh at 70mph. I don't plan to drive 200+ miles everyday but the experience is pretty good and I do not get range anxiety for daily commutes.

· Registered
471 Posts
Depends a lot on how much you drive everyday. I have FE and I get about 3.2 mi/kWh at 70mph. I don't plan to drive 200+ miles everyday but the experience is pretty good and I do not get range anxiety for daily commutes.
I had a Mach-E Premium AWD ER - which like the EV6 had around 3.1 to 3.3 mi/kWh efficiency on my 12 mile highway commute with 2 miles of local roads.

The GT PE...lol... sub 2.6 mi/kWh on the same route. The 20" summer performance tires. The overpowered motors. It was like driving a rollercoaster. I still loved it but the track mode sucked (I took it to Daytona Speedway twice) and it refused to trigger in 4 of the 6 laps and one time it triggered a Service Vehicle Soon warning so I could not drive it anymore that day. Basically I'm hoping the EV6 GT has a better track mode and I'm expecting 2.6 mi/kWh efficiency from it.

· Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line Yacht Blue
110 Posts

That is my concern too, the severe range hit. I don't road trip much, but out here in the west there are a few stretches in UT, CO, ID that a 206mi rated vehicle might not make the jump to next charger given efficiency loss, wind, hills etc..

That said I am eager to put hands on one. For me it is a daily rig, few road trips. Very curious about handling beyond speed. I don't care for drift mode gimmick give me a sharp handling sport wagon to throw in the Twisties and carve a corner.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

· Registered
72 Posts
That is my concern too, the severe range hit. I don't road trip much, but out here in the west there are a few stretches in UT, CO, ID that a 206mi rated vehicle might not make the jump to next charger given efficiency loss, wind, hills etc..
I would like to see a 70 mph range test. But I fear any delay in ordering would prevent me from getting the vehicle within a reasonable amount of time. The Porsche Taycan and GV60 exceeded their range ratings in Edmunds testing. The EV6 was very close to its rated range. I'm not sure if the EV6 GT range hit is due to tires, or higher inefficiency in the powertrain. If it's a wheel/tire issue, one could conceivably ditch the 21" wheels for a smaller wheel and maybe a less aggressive tire. If it's the powertrain, there's no way to mitigate the range reduction.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts