Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
605 Posts
I believe the certification process requires the vehicle operate in it's "default" mode and settings. Our Wind AWD always returns better numbers than the sticker claimed.

Our GOM dream screen still routinely shows 320 on a full charge. (Rated at 274)

· Registered
605 Posts
Not surprised at all. Kia did the same with the 2023 Tellurides. They sent "random" (because I have no idea how they were allocated) Tellurides to dealerships before ordering fully opened up.
My uncle worked QC for major auto manufacturer. Those early mystery allocations were likely calibration units. They run a certain number through the line at full production speed, then the QC staff climbs up one side and down the other making sure everything is in spec.

He says those units were probably the tightest ones to roll off the line because they got 100x more QC attention than any regular production unit.

· Registered
605 Posts
Even as a halo vehicle, I find such a low number not making sense ..

Don't think they will be producing 30k of them, but
Crossing fingers..

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
I think a few hundred is too low but gotta wonder what the demand level really is.

Only 30% of car buyers are actively shopping for an EV. Half of those reported they wouldn't spend over $50k. So of the 15% of the car buying public that might consider it, who is willing to accept the trade offs... Low range, manual seats, limited color options, and Kias stellar dealer network reputation?

· Registered
605 Posts
Let me think...$10k markup on a Nissan Ariyah or $10k markup on an EV6 GT....

One is a mass market model with middle of the road specs, one is a limited production Plaid chasing, tire eating, spawn of teen impulses and boy racer fantasy....

Markups on the GT will help keep Gtline and Wind AWD sales up. Lotta people are going to look at the GT on the showroom floor and end up buying an AWD GTLine or Wind instead.

We all know they aren't gonna be offering a lot of test drives in the GT.

Just like that Mustang GT500 on the floor sells a lot of Mustang GTs or Ecoboosts...

· Registered
605 Posts
... but I am not paying $70,000 on a GT when I have a GTL at MSRP with only 1500 miles.
The GT models are going to sell a lot of AWD Wind and GTLine cars for Kia...

"...Can I take it for a test drive?"

"No, but we have a GTLine you can test drive."

"See that mode button...press it...now press it again..."

"(Big smile...) How much is this one?"

· Registered
605 Posts
It's definitely a sweet ride. I think that it's too much of a compromise in terms of price and range, for lots of us that have the $$$.

206 miles means 165 at 80%. If you live in a northern climate that translates to 120 ish in the winter, playing it safe. It might work for some but for many it would not. In any case it means more charging, which translates to faster battery wear.

A GT with battery degradation could be a 150 mile car and still be within warranty specs. Yeah it would still be an amazing performance machine but would it be worth $30-$40k? ( Guessing most buyers in the US will end up paying well into the $70k range with the limited production numbers and stingy allocations.)

If you've got $30k-$40k to spend on smiles for the next few years it's a solid value. (Depreciation Plus TIRES). There are lots of performance cars out there that don't require the compromise this one does.

· Registered
605 Posts
And an AWD Wind does even better due to the tire sizing. Lots of days that 40-60 miles would mean I'd have to charge someplace. That real world range test makes it a 150 mile car at 80% SOC. You'd have to think twice when looking at a 60-70 mile one way trip. IF we had an effective nationwide network of high speed chargers that might not be a problem. Today, it's a bit of a challenge.

Really wish Kia had upped the battery to 90+ Kw.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts