Kia EV6 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line Yacht Blue
110 Posts
My sales person from Car Pros Kia in Renton, Wa just texted me saying they got the first one in the state in right now! they don't expect another for 2 months. He is reaching out to previous customers to find a buyer. I'm gonna pass, but contact Ben Zurcher @ 253 200 6306 if you want to snag your gt!
Yeah pretty crazy, they not even show in transit yet per xisve.com

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
My sales person from Car Pros Kia in Renton, Wa just texted me saying they got the first one in the state in right now! they don't expect another for 2 months. He is reaching out to previous customers to find a buyer. I'm gonna pass, but contact Ben Zurcher @ 253 200 6306 if you want to snag your gt!
Curious how, as they aren't even in the system for order.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Curious how, as they aren't even in the system for order.
Not surprised at all. Kia did the same with the 2023 Tellurides. They sent "random" (because I have no idea how they were allocated) Tellurides to dealerships before ordering fully opened up. I had a lingering 22 order that needed to be converted and I was only able to convert after Kia posted the official build configs on the website. Basically 23 Tellurides arrived on dealer lots across the country 2 weeks before I could officially order one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 9888 Hey Everyone!!!! Great news!!! The price of the 23 GT AWD has been released and it's incredible!!!! 2023 Kia EV6 GT AWD $63,600!!!!!! That's including destination! Super stoked! MurlinatoR
Are the 2023 EV6's available to order yet? I'm hearing yes from some dealers and no from others. The ones saying they're available to order are also saying it will take 2-3 months for delivery. Another dealer said he's not taking orders because they take over a year. Any idea what's accurate?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Not surprised at all. Kia did the same with the 2023 Tellurides. They sent "random" (because I have no idea how they were allocated) Tellurides to dealerships before ordering fully opened up.
My uncle worked QC for major auto manufacturer. Those early mystery allocations were likely calibration units. They run a certain number through the line at full production speed, then the QC staff climbs up one side and down the other making sure everything is in spec.

He says those units were probably the tightest ones to roll off the line because they got 100x more QC attention than any regular production unit.

·
Registered
469 Posts
We have a reservation but we need more range than that.
I wager next year newer lighter batteries with more range may appear
Bjorn showed extra weight had negligible effect on range. Aerodynamics and wheel/tire sizes are more important.

Also limiting hp does very little. An ID.4 Pro RWD has max 201hp and yet the highway efficiency of that EV is approximately 3.0 mi/kWh with a 82 kWh (gross) battery.

What the E-GMP EVs need is a larger battery. (figures all gross) Ariya has 87 kWh. Mach-E has 99 kWh. Lyriq has 100+ kWh. Or you build a sleek bubble shape like the Ioniq 5 or Model 3/Y.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Bjorn showed extra weight had negligible effect on range. Aerodynamics and wheel/tire sizes are more important.

Also limiting hp does very little. An ID.4 Pro RWD has max 201hp and yet the highway efficiency of that EV is approximately 3.0 mi/kWh with a 82 kWh (gross) battery.

What the E-GMP EVs need is a larger battery. (figures all gross) Ariya has 87 kWh. Mach-E has 99 kWh. Lyriq has 100+ kWh. Or you build a sleek bubble shape like the Ioniq 5 or Model 3/Y.
Not so much the lighter weight but more charge in more or newer design batteries is my point.

Our trips from LA to Vegas has us managing our expectations on all EV road trips.
More range is more desirable.
Range anxiety along with broken or fail to charge - charger anxiety.

Plugshare is a nice reference but we’re finding it about 70% reliable.
We try and charge at no less than 30% remaining on the road in case the station pukes and we have to find another.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line Yacht Blue
110 Posts
I dont have your highway, but Ill test my c40 at 70, flat. Its 37f here.
Well, it was windy and snowing, so I did not.
I have been trying to extrapolate a mi/kw to run for abrp. As I know when my car said 3.2mi/kw to get ABRP to match actual range at % I had to set the Mi/KW @ 65mph to up over 3.5mi/kw.
I did not have time to get real full data like Mi vs % on the GT during that one run, I am only taking what the dash said for the drive.

Using a roughly 1mi/kw loss I threw 2.5kw/[email protected] in for reference. Based on what I have been trying it appears a run my GTL will make without needing to charge I would have to stop and do a big charge to make it to destination with power to then get to a charger in that area. There is a trip I normally do once a year that would take 2 all the way to 80% stops (one adding a significant amount of miles to the normal trip) and be getting there with only 10%. My GTL can make it in one stop and get about same % at destination.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have been trying to extrapolate a mi/kw to run for abrp. As I know when my car said 3.2mi/kw to get ABRP to match actual range at % I had to set the Mi/KW @ 65mph to up over 3.5mi/kw.
I did not have time to get real full data like Mi vs % on the GT during that one run, I am only taking what the dash said for the drive.

Using a roughly 1mi/kw loss I threw 2.5kw/[email protected] in for reference. Based on what I have been trying it appears a run my GTL will make without needing to charge I would have to stop and do a big charge to make it to destination with power to then get to a charger in that area. There is a trip I normally do once a year that would take 2 all the way to 80% stops (one adding a significant amount of miles to the normal trip) and be getting there with only 10%. My GTL can make it in one stop and get about same % at destination.
Based on what I am seeing, the EV6 GT is barely any more thirsty than my C40, but the performance is significantly better. My C40 has not inconvenienced me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Basically, the GT will never pass up a charger on road trips, lol. Gotta pay to play, whether money, time, or range anxiety. I still think Kia should offer a more efficient wheelt/tire option. That 205 range is like E-tron territory. How are the suede seats in heat? I heard they're from the Elantra N.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Basically, the GT will never pass up a charger on road trips, lol. Gotta pay to play, whether money, time, or range anxiety. I still think Kia should offer a more efficient wheelt/tire option. That 205 range is like E-tron territory. How are the suede seats in heat? I heard they're from the Elantra N.
Suede in my c40 is fine.

61 - 80 of 153 Posts