Kia EV6 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 157 Posts

· Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line Yacht Blue
110 Posts
Basically, the GT will never pass up a charger on road trips, lol. Gotta pay to play, whether money, time, or range anxiety. I still think Kia should offer a more efficient wheelt/tire option. That 205 range is like E-tron territory. How are the suede seats in heat? I heard they're from the Elantra N.
My concern is getting out of my area over the pass on i90 to east side of state there is a long hop with nothing for dcfc. Need to be able to make the hop, and initial rough calc would mean sitting at a dcfc till over 95% to arrive with about 10%. If my estimation is wrong it could possibly not make it. The resort at summit really should have invested to get a station setup, it would be a huge draw for them.

My gtl has suede package but also ventilated. That said the gtl suede did not feel hot by any means even without using the ventilation.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

· Registered
471 Posts
45*f, 2.2mi/kw, 70mph cruise no traffic pretty flat terrain, 29mi run. My GTL runs 3.2mi/kw in same exact run.
Sounds right. My Mach-E Premium AWD ER (19") is averaging 3.5 mi/kWh in Florida and my GT PE trim (20" performance tires) was averaging 2.6-2.7 mi/kWh with the same type of driving.

Still, was the acceleration and extra power worth it?

· Registered
110 Posts
Sounds right. My Mach-E Premium AWD ER (19") is averaging 3.5 mi/kWh in Florida and my GT PE trim (20" performance tires) was averaging 2.6-2.7 mi/kWh with the same type of driving.

Still, was the acceleration and extra power worth it?
Absolutely mind blowing car. The acceleration and power is awesome and giggle causing. You just can't help but start laughing as you are slammed back in the seat and race to warp speed.

But beyond that it handles extremely well. It really is an amazing package.

The unfortunate thing is the front calipers are so large I do not think it is possible to put a 20" wheel on it. That would drastically open up tire options for those of us needing all season tires, both more variety and less expensive.

· Registered
471 Posts
Absolutely mind blowing car. The acceleration and power is awesome and giggle causing. You just can't help but start laughing as you are slammed back in the seat and race to warp speed.

But beyond that it handles extremely well. It really is an amazing package.

The unfortunate thing is the front calipers are so large I do not think it is possible to put a 20" wheel on it. That would drastically open up tire options for those of us needing all season tires, both more variety and less expensive.
Yeah these performance EVs are step up over the "slow" (lol) AWD trims.

You probably didn't try the track mode because that's what I'm most interested in. The Mach-E GT PE only allowed it to be enabled over 80% SoC and under certain conditions which made it useless.

· Registered
110 Posts
Yeah these performance EVs are step up over the "slow" (lol) AWD trims.

You probably didn't try the track mode because that's what I'm most interested in. The Mach-E GT PE only allowed it to be enabled over 80% SoC and under certain conditions which made it useless.
There is no track mode, only drift mode.
Decouples front end and let's rear motor use it's full possible power. Turns it into a high powered RWD sportscar.

Not something to really fully use on public roads so I didn't bother beyond seeing it activate. AWD in GT mode is where the fun is. Though I am sure tire mfg like drift mode, specially at $450/tire.

· Registered
291 Posts
Basically, the GT will never pass up a charger on road trips, lol. Gotta pay to play, whether money, time, or range anxiety. I still think Kia should offer a more efficient wheelt/tire option. That 205 range is like E-tron territory. How are the suede seats in heat? I heard they're from the Elantra N.
Yep not gunna cut it for road trips in the Southwest.

· Registered
110 Posts
Yep not gunna cut it for road trips in the Southwest.
That is my concern for even up here in the supposedly "Green environment friendly PNW". There are just not enough DCFC chargers on some of the major routes. The fact that there is not a DCFC at the top of I90 pass is just baffling. There is a resort there that woudl be a great draw if they put chargers in there. Get people to stop top off charge, take pictures of the beautifull Mtns around, visit the resort.... You have to stretch from Northbend all the way to Ellensburg. That is a haul even in summer good temps give you are climbing a Mtn pass. Winter?.....

Northbend to Ellensburg can make with from 80% and arriving with 11, cutting it close if calculations are a little off or it gets cold/snowy altering efficiency. and I am basing this off of rough 2.2mi/kw I saw on a flat run @70mph... This route is up over a mtn pass...

North bend to Leavenworth would have to be charged to at least 94% to make it to the charger with 10% left. Given it is a Mtn pass, prone to snow, that is just cutting it really close, not to mention having to sit at Northbend to almost full charge..

Looks like there may be a 50Kw charger at about 3/4 of the way in Cle-Elum heading east, but you are high and dry heading west. and 50KW will be painfull to sit at and charge with. Hopefully someone steps up and puts a full DCFC station there or at Summit @ Snoqualmie, that will be game changing. Looks like Tesla has a 150KW station there with 12 stalls. When those open to all it will help, but I am betting that site is already heavily taxed with all the Tesla owners crossing the mtn (teslas are like fleas around here!)

Ecoregion Green Nature Map Natural environment

· Registered
110 Posts
So bit of an update on the whole Mi/Kw issue I noticed, It could have been compounding things I saw with my trip in the GT. Most importantly temp.

I based my 3.2mi/kw for my GT-Line on a very long trip that actually had a good bit of elevation change. However thinking back on it, it was a warm day, in the 70's. The trip I did with the GT was in the 40-45*f range. Thta alone will make for a significant swing, above and beyond power and wheel/tire aero.

Temps today were in the mid 40's, same temp when I drove the GT, out of curiosity I decided to re-run the route I did with the GT with my GT-Line. 70mph, cruise control, with eco mode on my GT'L with stock tires and wheel and 40psi in the tires for 2.7mi/kw. That is only .5mi/kw higher than the GT in the same conditions. Given how my GT-Line outperforms the stock ABRP estimations by a significant amount, it makes me much less concerned about range with the GT

Almost 60% of all EV stations in the US were installed <2 years ago. The infrastructure may not be there yet, but it will be here soon enough.
Absolutely. The network is honestly getting solid already, and I have no doubt it is only going to get better moving forward. I know one I tried a few weeks ago up north was getting torn out and upgraded the next day. good thing too, it was terrible! 2 of 4 stations down completely and the other two only putting out about 45Kw.

· Registered
2022 F.E SMG # 0938/1500
220 Posts
I can say this, the seats are very comfortable.

Attachments

· Registered
471 Posts
Do you have a link to the article? Also, looks like if the ev6 gt isnt available, Im definitely going model Y performance.

Might be paywalled. Part of the Dec 2022 issue.

I’m debating between a i4 M50 and EV6 GT. I took over an i4 AWD (own a RWD) order and it has moved very quickly. Should be at my dealership by end of year. I’m no longer interested in swapping EVs unless it is an upgrade.

· Registered
110 Posts

Might be paywalled. Part of the Dec 2022 issue.

I’m debating between a i4 M50 and EV6 GT. I took over an i4 AWD (own a RWD) order and it has moved very quickly. Should be at my dealership by end of year. I’m no longer interested in swapping EVs unless it is an upgrade.
Yeah it is paywalled.
Was it a US spec GT? I would be curious of the temps they tested in, route and if they benchmarked Vs a GT-Line.

· Registered
189 Posts
Yeah it is paywalled.
Was it a US spec GT? I would be curious of the temps they tested in, route and if they benchmarked Vs a GT-Line.
Yes/Yes

0-60 3.2 seconds, 1/4 mile [email protected], 70-0 braking 159ft, Skidpad 0.92g, tires are Goodyear F1 Assymetric 3 SUV, so basically they must come off ASAP if you live anywhere that it even thinks of snowing. A comparable replacement would be the Michelin PS AS 4, but I plan on doing the CC2's because I am willing to give up a little more to make sure that the 1-2 weeks of the year that we get 5-10" of snow, I don't die. Also, the day before this snow might be 65*f and there is no real indicator it's coming for all those "I SwItCh TiRes!" types.

81 - 100 of 157 Posts