Kia EV Forum banner

2023 Kia EV6 GT Pricing Released!!!!!

18K views 156 replies 31 participants last post by  voxel 
#1 ·
Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Sky Car

Hey Everyone!!!!

Great news!!! The price of the 23 GT AWD has been released and it's incredible!!!!

2023 Kia EV6 GT AWD $63,600!!!!!! That's including destination! Super stoked!

MurlinatoR

See less See more
#15 ·
If this is your only car and you take weekend/long road trips... I'm not sure the GT is ideal.

I owned a Mach-E GT PE and it was a fricking power hog (sub 2.6 mi/kWh efficiency at 70-75mph) and the range hit was 50+ miles from a Premium AWD ER to that trim. If this is your secondary car you use for commuting and fun weekend drives.. GT all the way.

#21 ·
True but EPA range isn't determined by horsepower for EVs. The EPA tests highway and city consumption in lab environments but nothing in there says it has to utilize all of the available power. Weight, tires, aerodynamics play a bigger part in those type of tests. A Model 3 Performance has the exact same EPA range as a a standard AWD Model 3 (with the same tire package) even though it has way more horsepower. If you drive the EV6 GT gently, it should have roughly the same range in Eco as in normal.

#22 ·
The Lucid Air has far more power and is more efficient than the EV6 GT. I suspect the range hit is at least partially attributable to wheels and tires. If so, Kia should offer a higher range option with less aggressive wheel and tire combo. It feels like they've subtracted too much, with the loss of range, power seats, seat ventilation, and possibly the sunroof. I would like to be comfortable while blowing folks away at stoplights.

#28 ·
The Lucid Air has far more power and is more efficient than the EV6 GT. I suspect the range hit is at least partially attributable to wheels and tires. If so, Kia should offer a higher range option with less aggressive wheel and tire combo. It feels like they've subtracted too much, with the loss of range, power seats, seat ventilation, and possibly the sunroof. I would like to be comfortable while blowing folks away at stoplights.
[/QUOTE]

I think they made it trackable. If the EV6 GT doesn't have any sort of ESC disable and removal of nannies for the track.. then this GT is a bust to me. The crappy track mode of the Mach-E GT PE is why I dumped it (second reason was poor bouncy suspension in every mode except Unbridled). The summer tires and bucket races seats were awesome though.

#29 ·
The Lucid Air has far …

I think they made it trackable. If the EV6 GT doesn't have any sort of ESC disable and removal of nannies for the track.. then this GT is a bust to me…
or on the PR release
“While supremely comfortable, the EV6 GT puts the driver in complete control for truly exciting experiences. Drivers can deactivate the vehicle’s ESC system for added oversteer potential, while a dedicated Drift Mode sends a higher proportion of power to the rear wheels for true grin-inducing sideways action.” from here The new Kia EV6 GT – a high-performance crossover for the new mobility era

#33 ·
I stated the Eco/normal mode will have some savings because the front motors won't cause drag during constant highway driving but if you go at 80mph, both motors are being utilized so it won't matter what mode you are in at this speed. My only point was that peak horsepower in EVs doesn't necessarily contribute to range penalty. Other EVs have a different setup without clutch packs engaging/disengaging motors and the range you get is the power you use. If you accelerate slow, the range will be dependent purely on weight, aero, powertrain efficiency, and wheels/tires.

#39 · (Edited)
Has anyone (looking at you European members!) been able to actually sit in one and can share what the seats are like?

Memory is cool, but if it is a good bucket I have found memory is not as important. Folks often seat a sea a certain way to feel held in the car. A good bucket will do that on it's own and make you feel part of the car without having infinite, micro adjustment like a memory seat. Slide fore aft for pedals, set seat back angle and send it!! Losing ventilated is a bummer, but heated is more important imho.

#40 ·
M3P has much better availability on the used market because it was released earlier than MYP. I'm not really concerned about space. We squeeze kids and family members in the back of my Focus Electric and I have an Expedition EL when I really need more room. I really just wanted a fast electric daily driver. My wife and I swap frequently and we have completely different shapes because she's all legs, so memory seats is a big deal. Even with the Expedition we notice when the other has moved the seats around.

#44 ·
That's rather disappointing. I guess the compromises are the reason the premium isn't higher. They took a lot of content out of the vehicle and the range hit is brutal. Now I'm curious to see what changes with the Ioniq N. I just can't get excited about the Ioniq 5 like I can about the EV6. The EV6 is like a spaceship. The Ioniq is like a retro themed living room on wheels.

#45 ·
I'm not sure if this is still the best thread to post this but the regular (non-GT) 2023 Kia EV6 specs and pricing were released yesterday. The Kia website now shows 2023 under all EV6 pages.

As was mentioned earlier, there is a $1000 price increase across the board. The Wind RWD now finally gets the option of the Wind Tech Package, which in my opinion should have always been an option. Unfortunately, still no standard heated steering wheel - unlike in Canada. Kia USA is still stubbornly restricting that to AWD models.

#49 ·
Our GOM dream screen still routinely shows 320 on a full charge. (Rated at 274)
Dumb question--how is it that the Wind AWD can be rated at the same 274 mile range as that of the GT-Line, given that the Wind trim (regardless of whether RWD or AWD) comes with 19" wheels vs. 20" for the GT-Line trim? Anecdotal evidence has shown that wheel/tire size can affect overall range, so how can a Wind AWD have the same rated 274 mile range as that of a GT-Line AWD?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.