Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Kia EV6 Wind RWD on order
358 Posts
Like you said, the option of adding the Tech Package was the biggest change. But also, rear heated seats have been added to all Wind trims in the US. Disappointingly, still no standard heated steering wheel - Kia USA is still locking that to AWD models only.
EDIT: Rear heated seats are only for AWD models.

Battery preconditioning for all EV6 models, but I'm sure you've heard that before on this forum.

· Registered
EV6 Wind RWD - Gravity Blue/Grey
58 Posts
Like you said, the option of adding the Tech Package was the biggest change. But also, rear heated seats have been added to all Wind trims in the US. Disappointingly, still no standard heated steering wheel - Kia USA is still locking that to AWD models only.

Battery preconditioning for all EV6 models, but I'm sure you've heard that before on this forum.
Where is it mentioned by Kia there are heated rear seats?

This page only lists "Heated Steering Wheel & Heated Outboard Rear Seats" for the AWD versions of the Wind and GT-Line

· Registered
Kia EV6 Wind RWD on order
358 Posts
Where is it mentioned by Kia there are heated rear seats?

This page only lists "Heated Steering Wheel & Heated Outboard Rear Seats" for the AWD versions of the Wind and GT-Line

Yeah I guess I got confused with an earlier mention of it on the forum. I didn't think they'd lock that to AWD models as well.

It's such a shame Kia USA is restricting so many unrelated features to AWD only. I can understand the heat pump but not the heated steering wheel or rear heated seats. They'd only need to put in a different component with heating elements, a wiring harness change might not even be needed.

· Registered
EV6 Wind RWD - Gravity Blue/Grey
58 Posts
Yeah I guess I got confused with an earlier mention of it on the forum. I didn't think they'd lock that to AWD models as well.

It's such a shame Kia USA is restricting so many unrelated features to AWD only. I can understand the heat pump but not the heated steering wheel or rear heated seats. They'd only need to put in a different component with heating elements, a wiring harness change might not even be needed.
you got me all excited for a second lol. Yea seems dumb a GT-Line RWD trim doesnt have heated rear seats but a wind AWD does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts