Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 AWD Wind w/ Tech package
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheels installed on new tires. I'm super happy. Now just gotta close that wheel gap by about 1".

20x9 +35 Avid1 SL02
255 45 20 Kumho Crugen
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Also have done:
blacked out emblems, added mud flaps and side splitters, blacked out silver trim.

More pics to come after caliper paint and roof wrap. I am also gonna do some videos on the caliper paint and wrap on my YouTube channel regarding this and my other cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks great
Wheels installed on new tires. I'm super happy. Now just gotta close that wheel gap by about 1".

20x9 +35 Avid1 SL02
255 45 20 Kumho Crugen View attachment 3432
View attachment 3434
View attachment 3433

Also have done:
blacked out emblems, added mud flaps and side splitters, blacked out silver trim.

More pics to come after caliper paint and roof wrap. I am also gonna do some videos on the caliper paint and wrap on my YouTube channel regarding this and my other cars.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looks very nice. I was thinking 20x9 with a 40 et but, I would imagine the 35 is just a tad bit more aggressive, and is only 5mm difference.
Do you have any back profile pictures to show how far beyond the fender line that setup is?.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any rubbing and in the front? I’d like to run 255 but in 19in. Any suggestions on offset and spacing?
I would recommend a 20x8.5 +40 for very flush fitment. Mine pokes a bit but not terrible. I only did 255 45 20 cause that's what the oem 20s on the gt line came with. They're pretty meaty, even on the 20x9 wheel. But comfy and smooth.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks very nice. I was thinking 20x9 with a 40 et but, I would imagine the 35 is just a tad bit more aggressive, and is only 5mm difference.
Do you have any back profile pictures to show how far beyond the fender line that setup is?.
I had a hard time finding a lot of wheels at 20x9 +40. At +45, I was finding wheels with hub bores that would not fit ours (we need to be equal to or greater than 67.1) . I will say +40, even a 20x8.5 +40 would fit well.

I also wanted a concave wheel and +35 is where you can really start seeing some concave fits. So I risked it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any rubbing and in the front? I’d like to run 255 but in 19in. Any suggestions on offset and spacing?
Also, wheels with 67.1 or greater hub bore is necessary. 255 tire I would recommend a 8.5-9" wheel. And no rubbing at all. We have almost a fist of travel between the tires and fenders. I imagine a big drop in susension may cause some, but I also assume camber will naturally kick it under.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had a hard time finding a lot of wheels at 20x9 +40. At +45, I was finding wheels with hub bores that would not fit ours (we need to be equal to or greater than 67.1) . I will say +40, even a 20x8.5 +40 would fit well.

I also wanted a concave wheel and +35 is where you can really start seeing some concave fits. So I risked it.
A little passed the fender is okay. It's what the X5 M Sport would look like if they didn't have the fender flares.

But Well done ! Well done.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
Very nice indeed. well done makes the car stand out more.

·
Registered
780 Posts

20x9 +35 Avid1 SL02
255 45 20 Kumho Crugen View attachment 3432
View attachment 3434
View attachment 3433

Also have done:

Very nice indeed, still can't decide on wheels for mine, 2015 RS6 wheels I have are in fact too big so they are being sold one.

Can I ask what are side splitters?

And what are these disused sections? were they on the wind as standard?

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice indeed, still can't decide on wheels for mine, 2015 RS6 wheels I have are in fact too big so they are being sold one.

View attachment 3453
I added those to add a little something to the very plain rear end.

Side splitters are like a lip for the side skirt.

The circled part . Very subtle additions to look factory but add something small.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Are the rs6 wheels 21x9.5?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Says
Are the rs6 wheels 21x9.5?
The wheel markings say 9J x 20. I was told by the garage/tire place the EV6 tires I had were too small and wouldn't fit...of course as my tires are 19s. Would need £500 worth of new tires. The fact remains, will the rims fit the car. I think they would but others dont. I got funny looks asking for Audi wheels to get fitted to a Kia. The rims look too wide for the EV6, for the front anyway. The RS6 had flared arches at the front, EV6 only at the rear is flared. Open to suggestions, but TBH they may look a little odd on the EV6.... they were designed for the Audi and that's shows.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Says

The wheel markings say 9J x 20. I was told by the garage/tire place the EV6 tires I had were too small and wouldn't fit...of course as my tires are 19s. Would need £500 worth of new tires. The fact remains, will the rims fit the car. I think they would but others dont. I got funny looks asking for Audi wheels to get fitted to a Kia. The rims look too wide for the EV6, for the front anyway. The RS6 had flared arches at the front, EV6 only at the rear is flared. Open to suggestions, but TBH they may look a little odd on the EV6.... they were designed for the Audi and that's shows.
Center bore and lug pattern all seems to be different. Those two things alone are basically impossible to make fit, without adapters and machining.

My wheels are 20x9. They poke a bit but that's also due to my offset. I think a 20x9 +40 is easily possible.

I believe ideal sizes would be 20x8.5 +40 or +45.

·
Registered