Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve now driven two GT-Line S cars and today was confirming what I already knew plus checking some more features out. This time (different dealer) we were left to drive on our own so I made more use of the Sport mode. Wow! It really lunges forward. Even if you don’t alter the throttle position when you select Sport the thing just takes off. The AWD must feel epic. Nav worked well and Apple CarPlay engaged ok but I found if you came out of ACP and went back to the cars native nav or infotainment screen ACP wouldn’t come back on without unplugging and replugging in the USB cable. Maybe it was just me. Could someone else check. Both of my current cars have ACP and you can freely go from ACP to the native systems and back without unplugging.
I’m really liking the Runway Way and it contrasts really well with the black accents.
The Meridian sound system was ok but nothing more than that so it may need a bit of fiddling to get the thing set up properly. Probably on a par with the Bose system in my Mazda CX-30 but way off the sublime Mark Levinson system in my Lexus RX Takumi.
The more I look at the bodywork the more I admire it. I love the 911 shaped rear wheel arches and, today, noticed how flared out the front wings (clamshell bonnet) are.
The ride today was unsettled compared to the other EV6 I drove, even my wife commented on it. The car was running 43-44psi in the tyres (transportation pressure) and not the 36/38 F/R as advised on the door card. No one has mentioned this in over 700 miles! I overheard, as I was leaving, the sales person giving a technician a talking to.
The rear armrest kept flopping onto the back seat. It sort of stays in position but if you touch it or put a drink in it if flops down onto the seat. Somebody else on this forum mentioned the same.
I managed to change the mood landing but it’s buried in the car’s settings and not display settings. I guess once you’ve done it it’ll be ok but you need to search hard for it.
Finally, for now, we still could not find away to change the screens from white to black or vice versa. The dealer didn’t think they changed automatically too. This would be very dangerous plunging into a tunnel with bright white screens on and they not changing automatically to night mode. There appears to be what looks like a light sensor on the dash near the windscreen but covering it made no difference. I reached out to Kia UK to confirm, or otherwise that this is the case. I don’t believe the car doesn’t change the screens to dark or day mode automatically.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
As mentioned previously, on my test drive I thought the map screen was too dark. We found how to change to white, but both were white and I wanted the driver side to stay black. The white/black option is nothing to do with the night time auto dim as our well versed Kia friend from the states has stated. The dealer with me was next to useless.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was just odd that we couldn’t force the screens to
go into dark mode or vice versa. It’s easy to pick white or black screens as a theme but we tried everything to force the white screen to go into dark mode including putting a dark cloth over what we assumed was the light sensor. I’ll be testing the car again in the dark shortly as I want confidence that the adaptive lights are up to the job on North Yorkshire’s fast B roads in the middle of nowhere so I’ll see if the screens auto adjust.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The rear armrest kept flopping onto the back seat. It sort of stays in position but if you touch it or put a drink in it if flops down onto the seat. Somebody else on this forum mentioned the same.
Are you saying the rear armrest can't support any weight, and just goes beyond where it should stop and goes all the way to the seat? 😕 The rear armrest is hardly high on my priority list, but that just sounds shoddy.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you saying the rear armrest can't support any weight, and just goes beyond where it should stop and goes all the way to the seat? 😕 The rear armrest is hardly high on my priority list, but that just sounds shoddy.
Precisely right. My dealer is checking this out but another member experienced the same.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
44 Posts
It was just odd that we couldn’t force the screens to
go into dark mode or vice versa. It’s easy to pick white or black screens as a theme but we tried everything to force the white screen to go into dark mode including putting a dark cloth over what we assumed was the light sensor. I’ll be testing the car again in the dark shortly as I want confidence that the adaptive lights are up to the job on North Yorkshire’s fast B roads in the middle of nowhere so I’ll see if the screens auto adjust.
This is from the Ioniq 5 manual - but same head unit and software as the EV6.

John.

EDIT:- You can click on the left arrow icon under the Hyundai logo to see all the infotainment headings. ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is from the Ioniq 5 manual - but same head unit and software as the EV6.

John.

EDIT:- You can click on the left arrow icon under the Hyundai logo to see all the infotainment headings. ;)
Thanks, John. That’s useful and it would have been unheard of not to have the screens change to day or night automatically. I’ll check it out when I’m back at a dealers in a few days.
I’m really smitten with the EV6. Kia have done a tremendous job on its engineering and style. Other BEV companies should be very worried.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I was that member. Pretty concerned now that you've noticed this.
Hopefully, there will be a fix for this as an arm rest / cup holder is no good when it’s tilted down around 35-40 degrees or so. Wonder if there’s a bolt to tighten? I know Kia York are looking into it after I pointed it out and I’ll check out Kia Knaresborough’s car in a few days.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
309 Posts
Just a thought... because it's a reclining rear seat, sometimes the armrest "bottom" position is designed to be level when the seat is at "mid" recline. So, fully forward would lean it down and fully reclined would lean it up actually... shrugs

·
Registered
156 Posts
Someone in the Facebook group posted a bunch of pictures of an EV6 at a dealer, including the back seat. They didn't make any comments about the rear armrest, they were just posting pictures. But at least from this angle, it does appear to lean down.
Automotive design Motor vehicle Mode of transport Car seat cover Personal luxury car

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From memory, the one I was looking at was either totally level or flopped down touching the seat but I think MurlinatoR may have a valid point. I’ll check it out in a few days when I may be pressing the button to go for an EV6. Will have to be a GT-Line S AWD in Runway Red.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
309 Posts
From memory, the one I was looking at was either totally level or flopped down touching the seat but I think MurlinatoR may have a valid point. I’ll check it out in a few days when I may be pressing the button to go for an EV6. Will have to be a GT-Line S AWD in Runway Red.
@Habu please let me know if I'm all washed up. LOL

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think the reason for the downward angle of the rear seat armrest, is because you can tilt the seats further back, and if the armrest were level, it would have an upwards angle, with the seats tilted back.

My biggest problem, is the missing height adjustment of the front armrest.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts