Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appreciate SCC but sometimes prefer to use CC and just switch lanes when appropriate instead of slowing down and losing kinetic energy lol, I have been trying every possible combination of buttons and searching for an answer with no luck, any help?

·
Registered
Ordered: Gravity Blue EV6 AWD w/ Tech Package
81 Posts
On my Santa Fe the way to stop the loss of kinetic energy and still use SCC is to change lanes before the icon of the car in front of your vehicle on the screen reaches your car. Otherwise hit the Cancel button and coast.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I appreciate SCC but sometimes prefer to use CC and just switch lanes when appropriate instead of slowing down and losing kinetic energy lol, I have been trying every possible combination of buttons and searching for an answer with no luck, any help?
Look at page 6-106 in Owners Manual, under 'Turn Off Smart Cruise Control' in left column.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look at page 6-106 in Owners Manual, under 'Turn Off Smart Cruise Control' in left column.
I took a good ol browse through the manual, that excerpt states that disabling SCC will enable the Manual Speed Limit Assist, which will limit my cars speed and not maintain any speed on its own, like a traditional CC.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I took a good ol browse through the manual, that excerpt states that disabling SCC will enable the Manual Speed Limit Assist, which will limit my cars speed and not maintain any speed on its own, like a traditional CC.
I understand what you are saying. Please look at 10-89 'Manual Speed Limit Assist' I think it's terminology for CC. As I read it, it's CC with a warning display but I have not tried it but I will tomorrow. It's late here. (This is the worst manual I have ever dealt with).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand what you are saying. Please look at 10-89 'Manual Speed Limit Assist' I think it's terminology for CC. As I read it, it's CC with a warning display but I have not tried it but I will tomorrow. It's late here. (This is the worst manual I have ever dealt with).
Hey thanks again, and ya I looked at that too and that is unfortunately not it either, it literally is a limit to your speed. You still decelerate if you release the acceleration pedal. I'm not entirely sure why you'd want that unless you strictly are driving in a dangerous area or have a driver behind the wheel you don't trust yet? Either way I tried that behind the wheel today and no dice unfortunately.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have a thread here about the same question, and apparently there’s no way to have CC when SCC is down. It’s a big problem IMO, cause only a thin layer of watery snow is enough to deactivate the front radar in our EV6. And when that goes there‘s no way to have cruise control. It also deactivates a lot of security systems but that’s a different matter.

If anyone finds a way please let us know, but I find @MurlinatoR as one of the most knowledgeable persons here about this matter, and in my thread he says that he doesn’t believe there’s a way right now.

It may change after a software update though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a thread here about the same question, and apparently there’s no way to have CC when SCC is down. It’s a big problem IMO, cause only a thin layer of watery snow is enough to deactivate the front radar in our EV6. And when that goes there‘s no way to have cruise control.
Same in Tesla, this is unconceivable, there's a lot of situations where using an SCC it's even dangerous as in traffic on narrow lanes where you can get sudden braking for excess of proximity or for bad wheather and so on.
Those system are not yet so efficient to take always the right decision, makers are messing up with those alleged ADAS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts