Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered

Registered
No @debrd05_4993 you didn't luck out, you purchased in the US where they have a totally different sales system. It appears that the US sales system works better for their customers. Kia UK do not care about their customers!
It might work out better for them in timing, but all I see about American sales is Dealer Price + Markup which we don't get over here. We just have a 'fixed' price. So in theory we win on pricing (unless our price is inflated to begin with).

Mine was ordered roughly for 拢50k which is $61.8k

Registered
I am on the same boat. I live in Canada, BC and put a deposit down for an EV6 on Feb 9th of 2022. I emailed my dealership a week ago to follow up and he said that we are looking at late Q2 for delivery.

My sister put a deposit down for an Ioniq 5 at the same time but she was told that hers will be here at the end of the 2023 and she is 26th on the list.

To be frank, this is asinine

Registered
We just have a 'fixed' price. So in theory we win on pricing (unless our price is inflated to begin with).

[/QUOTE]

Have a look on Autotrader and see how many new vehicle (or very nearly new) are at UK MSRP!

Registered
I'm in the same boat. Ordered feb 22 - unfortunately also ordered the heat pump and matte grey version of the GT-LINE so that caused an extended delay.
Was originally expected september 22, latest news - Q1 (maybe).
Hoping it will arrive intime for spring but......

Registered
We just have a 'fixed' price. So in theory we win on pricing (unless our price is inflated to begin with).

Have a look on Autotrader and see how many new vehicle (or very nearly new) are at UK MSRP!
[/QUOTE]

You mean the second hand market when all bets are off? I was referring to buying brand new from the dealer.

Registered
It might work out better for them in timing, but all I see about American sales is Dealer Price + Markup which we don't get over here. We just have a 'fixed' price. So in theory we win on pricing (unless our price is inflated to begin with).

I didn't have a dealer fee added to mine, but after taxes and "delivery", that's pretty much what I paid here in the US.

Sorry to hear about everyone's woes, that really sucks! I was told by my dealer when I ordered mine that it would be 6-9 months but it was only about 8 WEEKS and I had my car.

Registered
Many dealers now abundant inventory of the Wind model, fewer gt-line"s and gts. You should be able to cancel or have dealer do a dealer trade in your region to get you in an EV6.
It doesn't quite work like that in the UK. There is no allocated stock. It's buy to order at MSRP only, with a 12 to infinity month wait

1 - 20 of 28 Posts