Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Have owned EV6 Wind for 4 months. Only issue has been the headlight adjustment which was
handled at the local dealer without issues. We have owned BMWs for years, so, as far as we have been concerned, that IS the bar that sets the standard of excellence. This is our second KIA. Our first
experience was 10 years ago with Sorrento and service dept. Not the best.
KIA has improved by leaps and bounds. They are serious about brand loyalty now.
My EV6 is solid, comfortable, quiet, and very fun to drive. Those are my top reasons for purchasing.
And, like many other posters, I have no regrets.

· Registered
3 Posts
My partner and I are interested in buying an EV. We've test driven the Tesla Model Y, Kia Niro EV Wave, Hyundai Kona Limited, all trim levels of the Ioniq 5, and the Kia EV6 Wave.

Our favorite was the Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited, but we can't afford the Limited trim because it's over $55,000 and doesn't qualify for the rebates. I wanted to like the Model Y because it's far more affordable, but we both found the seats extremely uncomfortable, unfortunately.

Our second choice was the Kia EV6 Wave. We found a dealership 1.5 hours away that will sell us an incoming vehicle at MSRP, but we need to drive there to put down a $1,000 non-refundable deposit. We were planning to go down today, but as I've been reading about Kia's reputation and people's experiences with dealerships and service, I'm getting cold feet. Should I be worried?

I'm fairly young, so this is the first car I've purchased. I drove my parent's Subaru Legacy in college for two years and recently drove my partner's 2015 Audi A3 for five years. But this is my first car purchase. Although I'm not that experienced, I remember Kia having a horrible reputation in the early 2000s. Has that changed? In particular, I'm worried about service appointments and having to argue with dealerships about the warranty. Or, I'm concerned I'll need a months-long service and won't be offered a loaner car.

What are your experiences with the car, with dealerships, and with service? How is the build quality compared to other cars? Are there other cars should consider (e.g. Polestar 2, etc.)? Would it be better to go over the $55,000 threshold with another make of EV to potentially get better service down the line. Thank you!
Consumer Reports lists KIA at the top of the list for predicted reliability.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts