Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tweaked ABRP with advanced settings to get the most accuracy? What did you use? How accurate are you finding it now?

Please provide your drivetrain (RWD/AWD) and wheel size when responding. Thanks!

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a bluetooth ODB2 reader and hooked it up. I've found it to be pretty accurate, since it can update a route on the fly if conditions change and you're gonna fall short.
The route I'm needing to do here here is two consecutive very high (and cold & windy) mountain passes with sparse charging and high speed limits.

EDIT: So if I understand, the ODB2 readings could set a baseline with ABRP would use on the fly, combined with elevation info, to better predict charge levels required? Does it also update your own car profile in the app?

·
Registered
27 Posts
The route I'm needing to do here here is two consecutive very high (and cold & windy) mountain passes with sparse charging and high speed limits.

EDIT: So if I understand, the ODB2 readings could set a baseline with ABRP would use on the fly, combined with elevation info, to better predict charge levels required? Does it also update your own car profile in the app?
It does update your car. My reference consumption is pretty low right now because I just did a lot of highspeed and mountain driving.

I found it to be pretty accurate over the road trip. End SoC on a leg was always within 1-2% of predicted. The one time it was very off was when we forgot to have the auto setting turned on at the start of our trip.

·
Registered
Ordered: Gravity Blue EV6 AWD w/ Tech Package
78 Posts
It does update your car. My reference consumption is pretty low right now because I just did a lot of highspeed and mountain driving.

I found it to be pretty accurate over the road trip. End SoC on a leg was always within 1-2% of predicted. The one time it was very off was when we forgot to have the auto setting turned on at the start of our trip.
Which BT ODB2 reader did you purchase? It sounds like it worked with the EV6 and ABRP.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought this Veepeak one: Amazon.com
I am using the same Veepeak in my EV6 with ABRP as well. Connects and works with both my phone(Android Pixel 6), as well as my UX999 AI box. I can't speak to accuracy yet because I just now installed the Veepeak. Given that ABRP accuracy is quite good without the OBD data integration, I am expecting it to be even better with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts