Kia EV6 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Så er der nu blevet lavet opdatering og skiftet inverter. Varmen i bilen virker nu under kørsel. Forvarmen virker stadig ikke. Inde i ev menuen, hvor der står noget om, hvor strøm bilen bruger på de forskellige ting, viser den 0,00% ved batteripleje. Hvis bilen hverken køler eller varmer batteriet, kan det måske også have noget at gøre med både varme og rækkevidde. Forhandleren er i gang med at kigge på det. God aften fra Danmark.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Jolu, how was your car check?
Did they solve the problem?

Cheers.
They installed a total of 4 software updates. One had something to do with traction control, the rest had to do with the heating I think...

Prior to the update I experienced heating problems with variable heating when driving. Based on my 1,5h drive home (-2° C) it is now fixed with much more and even heat!

I was told that there were no fix for the pre heating issue and that KIA was aware of the problem. KIA Sweden sends reports on every single car to KIA HQ to try to speed up the process.

/Jonas

·
Registered
72 Posts
They installed a total of 4 software updates. One had something to do with traction control, the rest had to do with the heating I think...

Prior to the update I experienced heating problems with variable heating when driving. Based on my 1,5h drive home (-2° C) it is now fixed with much more and even heat!

I was told that there were no fix for the pre heating issue and that KIA was aware of the problem. KIA Sweden sends reports on every single car to KIA HQ to try to speed up the process.

/Jonas
Well, at least it seems that heating has been sorted in your case. That give me some hopes.
As for the remote heating I guess there should be an update to the App. Let's hope it comes soon.
Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I test drove an Ionic 5 today. Spent much of the time trying to get the heater to work. When I got back I was told the heating module was defective. Created a bad first impression.
So maybe this problem is across the platform.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Just for info for UK customers especially @AMO I have been told that the HVAC Inverters are expected in the UK in two weeks. I'm not booking mine in until they arrive as the software only fix is not worth two visits. Kia are not yet calling is a recall but it might come to that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just for info for UK customers especially @AMO I have been told that the HVAC Inverters are expected in the UK in two weeks. I'm not booking mine in until they arrive as the software only fix is not worth two visits. Kia are not yet calling is a recall but it might come to that.
That actually lines up with my experience. Brought my ev6 in for an unrelated issue on Friday. They have made it VOR and said the part it needs is due 19th Jan at present.
So I’m in a rental until it fixed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had 4 updates today, I only had the cold air issue occasionally on long journeys, so will wait a few weeks to see if it is fixed, but the update has made the heater blow out a lot more hot air and be responsive to the temperature control, so that if I turn it up to 27C it switches the Heat On, if Iturn it to 17C it switches the AC on, Heat off and blows cold air.

I have also noted that when heating hot air comes out of the side vents in the rear passenger compartment, this definitely wasn't happening before.

I am still unable to pre-heat on a schedule through the app, but if I start climate control through the app I can hear the fan blowing from outside the car, I will try turning it on on a frosty morning to see if it defrosts the car.

Oh and the service team had a number of pages related to the issues being fixed, The documents they had were headed "Recall Notice - Confidential". I believe 3 of them were heating or control updates, the fourth being a traction control update

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had 4 updates today, I only had the cold air issue occasionally on long journeys, so will wait a few weeks to see if it is fixed, but the update has made the heater blow out a lot more hot air and be responsive to the temperature control, so that if I turn it up to 27C it switches the Heat On, if Iturn it to 17C it switches the AC on, Heat off and blows cold air.

I have also noted that when heating hot air comes out of the side vents in the rear passenger compartment, this definitely wasn't happening before.

I am still unable to pre-heat on a schedule through the app, but if I start climate control through the app I can hear the fan blowing from outside the car, I will try turning it on on a frosty morning to see if it defrosts the car.

Oh and the service team had a number of pages related to the issues being fixed, The documents they had were headed "Recall Notice - Confidential". I believe 3 of them were heating or control updates, the fourth being a traction control update
I checked both scheduled heating and remote heating and unfortunately they only defrosted the rear screen and mirrors, still completely iced front window

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is fixed after inverter change. Pre heat works well with scheduled heating, and set up a serious temperature. Doenst work properly if turned on manually from app, then total heater is off when you get in car. That's still a software bug.

What I also have, but thats related to the 211214 update I did through the updater; is that i hear the heater humming pretty loud when below 30km/h/20miles/h. Very annoying. Anyone else has this, specifically with the updated performed?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine is fixed after inverter change. Pre heat works well with scheduled heating, and set up a serious temperature. Doenst work properly if turned on manually from app, then total heater is off when you get in car. That's still a software bug.

What I also have, but thats related to the 211214 update I did through the updater; is that i hear the heater humming pretty loud when below 30km/h/20miles/h. Very annoying. Anyone else has this, specifically with the updated performed?
Ah great to hear you have noticed actual changes. My car has had all software updates but needs inverter change (next week hopefully).

so when you say pre heat works from scheduled heat, is this both scheduling from car and app? Or just when set from the car?
Also did it work plugged in and out? Or just plugged in?

would love to know how it actually is supposed to work. Manual says only plugged in but plenty of users without the problem says it works both plugged/unplugged

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ah great to hear you have noticed actual changes. My car has had all software updates but needs inverter change (next week hopefully).

so when you say pre heat works from scheduled heat, is this both scheduling from car and app? Or just when set from the car?
Also did it work plugged in and out? Or just plugged in?

would love to know how it actually is supposed to work. Manual says only plugged in but plenty of users without the problem says it works both plugged/unplugged
Scheduled pre heat from car and app (ios latest version) both works fine and actually always now. Then the car needs to be plugged in. But it's effectiveness could be better. Workaround is setting pre heat temperature way higher then you actually want (24 vs. 21/22).
Manual pre heat via app can be done plugged and unplugged, but that works sometimes. Not always and creates strange setting that when you get in car the HVAC is off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Scheduled pre heat from car and app (ios latest version) both works fine and actually always now. Then the car needs to be plugged in. But it's effectiveness could be better. Workaround is setting pre heat temperature way higher then you actually want (24 vs. 21/22).
Manual pre heat via app can be done plugged and unplugged, but that works sometimes. Not always and creates strange setting that when you get in car the HVAC is off.
Great thanks for the reply. Seems we are going in the right direction but it’s still quite buggy.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Several new articles about Tesla heat pumps not working in colder climates and inability to defrost windows. Glad to see Kia isn't the only one having to work out some of these bugs.

·
Registered
KIA EV6 GT-Line AWD
16 Posts
For the first time this morning I managed to get remote Pre-heating. Found that solution on a FB group: Using the intelligent Key: first press « Lock » and then press and hold the « Hold » button. Pre-heating windshield and cabin then starts for 10 minutes.
I will test tomorrow morning if this good result will work from now on with Kia Connect app Or schedule Pre-Heat

·
Registered
297 Posts
For the first time this morning I managed to get remote Pre-heating. Found that solution on a FB group: Using the intelligent Key: first press « Lock » and then press and hold the « Hold » button. Pre-heating windshield and cabin then starts for 10 minutes.
I will test tomorrow morning if this good result will work from now on with Kia Connect app Or schedule Pre-Heat

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my first big road in my EV6 but had problems trying to get heat into the cabin, ideally setup heating to 22 and left on Auto but as the night got colder so did the cabin, ramping temperature up made no difference cool air just kept coming out....in hindsight I was mostly in Eco mode would this have made a difference I was at the point of wanting gloves on 😁
I have the same problem. A workaround is to open climate on the touchscreen and choose a setting for ventilation.
This removes the auto and the heat starts to flow fine. It's not auto but you get heat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jeg har samme problem. En løsning er at åbne klimaet på touchskærmen og vælge en indstilling for ventilation.
Dette fjerner auto, og varmen begynder at flyde fint. Det er ikke automatisk, men du får varme
[/CITERE]
Få din forhandler til at skifte inverteren, så er der ingen varmeproblemmer mere👍

181 - 200 of 206 Posts