Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
The quick update - took about 40 mins to download the update and about 35 minutes to update the two updates in the package
I don't see anything related to ACC - auto climate control, AC air condition in the 'new features and enhancements' listed at Notice | Official Kia Motors Navigation Update Website (seems all navigation related), but download of 24 GB is at 60% now. Hopefully there are the two packages you mention when downloading is completed. Sounds promising though! Thanks again for sharing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The quick update - took about 40 mins to download the update and about 35 minutes to update the two updates in the package
Is it possible to make an picture of your map and firmware versions in your car. I will check of we have the same now, I updated this morning but I do not no off the firmware is updated, I only saw the map nr changed

·
Registered
43 Posts
I performed the update yesterday, selected quick and waited about 35 minutes. I saw a percentage bar that went from 0 to 100 successfully and then another percentage bar that also went from 0 to 100 this time quicker. After that the system rebooted and a dialogue appeared telling me to update again (because detected the update files in the thumbdrive).
When you say you performed the two updates, you mean the two percentage bars or I should have performed again the update when asked the second time?
I'm asking because I still have the same problem I had, 20 minutes of heat and then cold.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
This was the before numbers
Just took a picture, looks like exactly the same here (before update). Under softwareversion I see 210719, I guess that would be 19th of July 2021? And after the update should become something like 211112 I would expect.

Anyway, download complete, proceeding to copying to USB now... Will post a picture after the update.
Font Gadget Display device Electronic device Electric blue

·
Registered
11 Posts
I performed the update yesterday, selected quick and waited about 35 minutes. I saw a percentage bar that went from 0 to 100 successfully and then another percentage bar that also went from 0 to 100 this time quicker. After that the system rebooted and a dialogue appeared telling me to update again (because detected the update files in the thumbdrive).
When you say you performed the two updates, you mean the two percentage bars or I should have performed again the update when asked the second time?
I'm asking because I still have the same problem I had, 20 minutes of heat and then cold.

Thanks!!!
I performed one update (with 2 progress bars), i force stopped the app on android too. If you are still having the problem maybe I cancelled the service check-up too soon. Will see how it goes over the next week. If I do take it in for a check Kia have promised a loan car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't know if it matters, but your 'Model' does not match with the 'Model name' of the update listed here: KIA NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE > Notifications

Shouldn't it be 'CVAS.S5BLN.AEU' after the update? (your new software version is a match though).
View attachment 923
My model name hasn't changed. And doesn't match the one in that document. But I asked the navigation update support team and they told me it was safe to perform the update.
Can you check your model name to see if it matches mine or the one in the document?

·
Registered
17 Posts
My model name hasn't changed. And doesn't match the one in that document. But I asked the navigation update support team and they told me it was safe to perform the update.
Can you check your model name to see if it matches mine or the one in the document?
I did the update last night. All went well. There were two updates automatically installed. First one was slow and kept 'verifying data', but went ok (40 min). Second one was faster (15 min).

I now have the same info as your car. Model nr did not change.

It was getting late, so didn't do a test drive yet. When turning the car off and on again, there was no heat. I'm driving about 150 km today (inclusing a visit to KIA). Will let you know what happens.

Font Gadget Electric blue Display device Multimedia

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I did the update last night. All went well. There were two updates automatically installed. First one was slow and kept 'verifying data', but went ok (40 min). Second one was faster (15 min).

It was getting late, so didn't do a test drive yet. When turning the car off and on again, there was no heat. I'm driving about 150 km today (inclusing a visit to KIA). Will let you know what happens.

View attachment 927

View attachment 927
I think that is the reason I am not seeing all the changes the update has. I can not change the colour off the Map for example. I do see changing in the directions when I use the navigation, it is more detailed. It is depending on the model nr I think

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just came back from a 150 km trip. Unfortunately there is no change since the update and I have not had any heat for a few days now. Went to KIA dealership, as driving without heat is abviously quite dangerous in subzero temperatures with everything fogging up and not being able to de-ice, let alone the hassle and inconvenience I have with it while driving.

At first, they told me to try using auto climate together with heat. That didn't work as well (still cold air blowing). It's just that if I press the heat button and the cabin temp is below the desired interior temp, there should be heat. Simple as that.

They understood the seriousness of the issue, and I left the EV6 at the dealership. Got a new Kia Soul EV as a loaner until the problem is fixed.
Hopefully KIA will find out what's wrong, which to me sounds like a problem or defect in the heat pump, or a software update to not prioritize heating the battery or something like that.

Will keep you updated if I know more.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just came back from a 150 km trip. Unfortunately there is no change since the update and I have not had any heat for a few days now. Went to KIA dealership, as driving without heat is abviously quite dangerous in subzero temperatures with everything fogging up and not being able to de-ice, let alone the hassle and inconvenience I have with it while driving.

At first, they told me to try using auto climate together with heat. That didn't work as well (still cold air blowing). It's just that if I press the heat button and the cabin temp is below the desired interior temp, there should be heat. Simple as that.

They understood the seriousness of the issue, and I left the EV6 at the dealership. Got a new Kia Soul EV as a loaner until the problem is fixed.
Hopefully KIA will find out what's wrong, which to me sounds like a problem or defect in the heat pump, or a software update to not prioritize heating the battery or something like that.

Will keep you updated if I know more.
Thanks, I hope they will find it, there are a lot off people that have this problem

21 - 40 of 101 Posts