Kia EV6 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just came back from a 150 km trip. Unfortunately there is no change since the update and I have not had any heat for a few days now. Went to KIA dealership, as driving without heat is abviously quite dangerous in subzero temperatures with everything fogging up and not being able to de-ice, let alone the hassle and inconvenience I have with it while driving.

At first, they told me to try using auto climate together with heat. That didn't work as well (still cold air blowing). It's just that if I press the heat button and the cabin temp is below the desired interior temp, there should be heat. Simple as that.

They understood the seriousness of the issue, and I left the EV6 at the dealership. Got a new Kia Soul EV as a loaner until the problem is fixed.
Hopefully KIA will find out what's wrong, which to me sounds like a problem or defect in the heat pump, or a software update to not prioritize heating the battery or something like that.

Will keep you updated if I know more.
Thanks for keeping us updated.
I hope you get your EV6 soon and fixed.
I'll be waiting for your news and if I know something from my dealership I'll tell you too.

Cheers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
In an effort to eliminate variables over the heating issue, does the issue occur with just cars with a heat pump, or all models?
I think mine doesn't have a heat pump. It's an EV6 Air RWD Long Range (Base model with 520km range and 229hp RWD)
But the problem I have is the opposite as Thomas. I get heat but I loose it over time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is it possible to make an picture of your map and firmware versions in your car. I will check of we have the same now, I updated this morning but I do not no off the firmware is updated, I only saw the map nr changed
Model is CVAE.55BLC.AEU
Software Version: CV_E_EUR.55W_L.001.001.211117

·
Registered
11 Posts
Model is CVAE.55BLC.AEU
Firmware: CV_E_EUR.02.211112.MICOM
Navigation App Version: STD5W.EUR.KMC.211117.47c10a8
Map Version: EUR.14.47.48.631.401.5
MKBD Software: 03.42

·
Registered
18 Posts
Model is CVAE.55BLC.AEU
do you mind me as
Model is CVAE.55BLC.AEU

Did you have any issues with actually installing on the car?

I have downloaded the latest firmware, put it on a usb harddrive, plugged it into my ev6 and when i get to the update screen the 'update' button is disabled so its like the car cant recoginse there is an update on the harddrive, or its just not allowing me to update.

Are there particular things i need to do to complete an update (eg does the car need to be charging?)

Feel like im falling at the first hurdle here!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have you guys read this?

Actually I've since discovered that the climate control does turn on, the fans are blowing and the heated steering wheel light comes on, but there's no heat.

My dealer informed me this morning that "this issue is more than likely being caused by an inverter fault at the back of the E-Compressor" and they are hoping to have a suggested fixed in a couple of days.

·
Registered
231 Posts
do you mind me as

I have downloaded the latest firmware, put it on a usb harddrive, plugged it into my ev6 and when i get to the update screen the 'update' button is disabled so its like the car cant recoginse there is an update on the harddrive, or its just not allowing me to update.

Are there particular things i need to do to complete an update (eg does the car need to be charging?)

Happened to me too when I copied the update from my hard drive to the usb pen drive. I then downloaded the update directly to the pen drive and it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
54 Posts
do you mind me as

by me the update is starting up when i put the usb in, i did the update while driving and had no problems

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did it work?
I got the update complete but it has had no effect on the climate control issue.
It still doesn’t heat when im out of the vehicle despite the app saying climate control was started successfully.

it does start the other functions inc steering wheel, wing mirrors and blows out cold air over the windscreen.

but nothing different from before I done the update.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been checking realtime consumption in my car while parked with the climate control on and I could see the car was consuming around 3Kw to generate heat. As soon as the heat gone, that number went to zero (with the heat button sill active)
I don't know what it means but I just post it here in the case this helps you in any way.
Gadget Font Audio equipment Display device Multimedia

·
Registered
11 Posts
do you mind me as

No I just plugged the USB in and started the car

41 - 60 of 101 Posts