Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm french. I pickep my EV6 Yesterday !
What about the first informations ? Good or not good ? Can You please give me your advices to improve this results ?
And what is the limit of charge ? 100% ? 80%?

Font Material property Screenshot Magenta Number

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Mag,

5.7km/kWh is good, and will give you a range of around 430km with the 77kWh battery. Cold weather uses more battery and reduces the range, so this will improve as the weather gets better.

You can charge to 100%, but if you have easy access to charging and don't need all that range then 80% is better for the life of the battery.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, I believe the recommendations are, to not charge the battery to high States of charge SOC, say >70 to 80% and leave it sitting for longish times say several days, to avoid heating the battery to higher temperatures say >45/50C for any significant length of time, to every month or two charge from say from 10% to15% up to 100% on a slow charger say home ~10kW to allow the Battery management system to adjust/balance the individual cells out in the battery pack to maintain battery health. I think that is the main list. If you need to leave it a long time, 60% is good. Avoid going really low too as you might get stuck. On a high speed charger the battery will charge at a higher kW rate initially, if it is warm about 25C. It will get hotter but the kW rate will reduce as SOC increases during the charge. Charge to about 80% or less unless a real reason to go higher % (next charge station a bit far away, cold rainy weather will lower range significantly, as will high speeds, and mountain climbing.)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Félicitations! J'espère que ça vous plait.
The battery is actually 82kw but we can only use 77kw to protect it.
You don’t need to worry so much about charging to 100%, modern car batteries don’t degrade much.
I’m charging my EV6 to 90%, which still gives good range and allows some spare capacity just in case.
Two things that will affect the long life of the battery (a little):
1. If you do fast (DC) charging very oftten
2. If you charge to 100% then don’t use the car (it’s not good to leave it sitting at 100% for more than a few days)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Félicitations! J'espère que ça vous plait.
The battery is actually 82kw but we can only use 77kw to protect it.
You don’t need to worry so much about charging to 100%, modern car batteries don’t degrade much.
I’m charging my EV6 to 90%, which still gives good range and allows some spare capacity just in case.
Two things that will affect the long life of the battery (a little):
1. If you do fast (DC) charging very oftten
2. If you charge to 100% then don’t use the car (it’s not good to leave it sitting at 100% for more than a few days)
Yes I love it. So beatutiful design.
Thanks for all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts