Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mind the wheels on the GT-Line S but the design isn't totally my cup of tea and have been thinking about picking up some 5 spoke alloys.

Now many EV's come with the alloys plus the plastic inserts to make them more aerodynamic and efficient, but do we have any info or good guesses on how much set of 5 spoke alloys without the plastic inserts might affect the range?

Registered
I think you should be our test mule 馃ぃ ... take two runs on the same day and share the results... I'd love to know.. I think a few on TouTube have aftermarket winter tyres on so you might find something there...

Registered
I don't mind the wheels on the GT-Line S but the design isn't totally my cup of tea and have been thinking about picking up some 5 spoke alloys.

Now many EV's come with the alloys plus the plastic inserts to make them more aerodynamic and efficient, but do we have any info or good guesses on how much set of 5 spoke alloys without the plastic inserts might affect the range?
One of the reasons I'm buying the 'S' is that I LOVE the wheels :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't dislike the wheels, but they're not a style I love. I quite fancy something a little different from standard too so looks like I might be the test mule @jongodfrey :LOL:

Registered
I don't dislike the wheels, but they're not a style I love. I quite fancy something a little different from standard too so looks like I might be the test mule @jongodfrey :LOL:
Desmo - I was thinking the same thing - but instead of swapping wheels, have you considered getting them powder coated black? If you pardon my elementary rendering, it might look like this: (which is pretty cool in my opinion).

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Registered
I like the idea of getting them painted, I don't like the GT Line or GT Line S wheels, I did try painting alloys before with a past car, looked epic in gloss black, only 拢50 per wheel as well at a local powercoaters in Fife (Scotland) :) be careful on doing this for those who are handing back to PCP finance or lease companies though, you changing the car permanently if painting, very hard to go back to original again..... 3rd party alloys sounds great as well, myself and the other half visited a place in Scotland called
Skids Alloy Wheels Scotland | Alloys Scotland | Alloys | Skidz Falkirk and got some OZ wheels for for an Audi before https://www.performancealloys.com/o...gt-matt-black-red-lettering?wheel_diameter=19 looked really nice :) . Skids don't sell them anymore, only Performance Alloys it seems. I plan on changing my alloys for sure. EV6 is 19 and 20" so not sure on pricing. Maybe talking over 拢1400 for 4 wheels though.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hubcap Tread

Registered
I also had a thought, it would look epic if the rear wheels were staggered, its an option in most alloys wheel places, rear wheels stick out a few CM more to give a wider look. I seen a Land Rover with this, looked really nice... god know if this would change EV range/consumption though... :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could get the standard wheels coated but as already mentioned, when the car goes back on a PCP it should go back as standard.

I really quite fancy some of these in satin black...

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Alloy wheel

Registered
The more space there is on the alloys the less efficient the car will become, aerodynamics or something like that I read online, what's the EVs come with plastic inserts in the wheel in most cases. Not sure how dramatic the efficiency will come down if at all in real life... who cares :) better looking alloys if range drops 1%

Registered