Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an interesting article on what drains your battery.

As those of us in colder places can attest to, it's low external temperatures, and the heating required to counteract them, that have the biggest impact. But there's a lot of really good info in here on what to worry about and what not to.

I'm glad I got a heat pump in my EV6, and I'm also pleased to know that heated seats are low impact.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Battery Monitor II this wee gadget may help you out. Although the video is for an Ioniq 5, under the skin it is very similar to EV6. Simple, cheap BT monitor. I have just bought another one after remembering I had left the old one on the I-Pace!!!! Great for seeing what is actually happening to your 12v rather than trying to guess.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Battery Monitor II this wee gadget may help you out. Although the video is for an Ioniq 5, under the skin it is very similar to EV6. Simple, cheap BT monitor. I have just bought another one after remembering I had left the old one on the I-Pace!!!! Great for seeing what is actually happening to your 12v rather than trying to guess.
The article is about the main battery, not the 12V one. It details what systems cost you range, and how much they cost.

Heated seats, for example, cost around 500m of range for every hour they're used.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here's an interesting article on what drains your battery.

As those of us in colder places can attest to, it's low external temperatures, and the heating required to counteract them, that have the biggest impact. But there's a lot of really good info in here on what to worry about and what not to.

I'm glad I got a heat pump in my EV6, and I'm also pleased to know that heated seats are low impact.
I was considering specifying a heat pump with my EV6, but ultimately decided against it as the quoted range from Kia was the same for with or without it. I'm sure it has its benefits, but decided to put the money towards the AWD variant instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts