Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out at which trim level is the ambient lighting included? From what I am seeing, it looks like anything under the GT-Line it's not built in? Can anyone confirm?

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I just ordered my EV6 on Friday, 2/18. I asked the dealer why it is listed as an 'Option'. He couldn't explain that but stated it is included in the GT line. I'm hoping he was correct

·
Registered
21 Posts
How cool is the ambient lighting package anyways? Is the normal lighting in the Wind AWD version lacking somehow? I've been curious about this, since I can't decide if the GT Line version is worth the extra $. The sunroof would be nice, but I'd actually prefer the 19-inch wheels and I really don't care about the HUD.

The more custom outside paint and trim treatment is nice, but no big deal. The Technology package would address most of the GT benefits IMO (except for the sunroof), and save me $3500.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line (AWD) White
110 Posts
How cool is the ambient lighting package anyways? Is the normal lighting in the Wind AWD version lacking somehow? I've been curious about this, since I can't decide if the GT Line version is worth the extra $. The sunroof would be nice, but I'd actually prefer the 19-inch wheels and I really don't care about the HUD.

The more custom outside paint and trim treatment is nice, but no big deal. The Technology package would address most of the GT benefits IMO (except for the sunroof), and save me $3500.
The EV6 cabin is quite dark, so at night it can be an issue... but you still have the tiny reading spot lights for that. The ambient light does make the car feel more premium at night IMO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I wonder if the kit will be available for purchase anytime soon. Most of the areas the lighting goes, looks like it could just be popped out. So hopefully it's plug n play.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
222 Posts
Check out this thread. I don’t know if it’s what you are talking about. I thought the light kit for the Light/Wind is the one discussed there. And that you could only get Ambient Lighting on GTL. I don’t know about the FE.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts