Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes there is a huge discrepancy between the values shown on the two screens, yesterday the small font reading on the left was 83F while the large font reading on the right was 59F - which one is correct? And why do we need the same info twice anyway? (the range is also, IMO, needlessly duplicated on the two screens)

Since we are apparently blessed with the ability to display just about anything including the phase of the moon, why not show us USEFUL data like LV battery voltage ( as important as TPMS IMO), or altitude, or humidity, or wind speed and direction........

·
Registered
89 Posts
I haven’t noticed the two temperatures, but one is probably what your car’s temperature is actually reading, and the other is what the weather “app” says it is in your area. If your car was sitting in the sun it will show up higher.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You are correct, however one would think the actual temperature where the car is situated would be more relevant..........
That’s true. Guess that’s what the OAT gauge is for. (That or there’s no nearby weather station that’s more representative of your area).

Better to simply show the forecast for the area. We already know the current temperature form our car’s thermometer!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven’t noticed the two temperatures, but one is probably what your car’s temperature is actually reading, and the other is what the weather “app” says it is in your area. If your car was sitting in the sun it will show up higher.
I think you are correct, the temp on the right screen (large font) has a "weather icon" next to it and yesterday when it rained here it did change from 'sun' to 'cloud' to 'rain'. So, it seems the "real" temperature is buried away at the bottom of the left screen in small font, whereas some meteorologist's guess as to what is happening is prominently displayed in large font on the right screen.............this is I think known as "progress"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts