Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

· Registered
Kia EV6 AWD GTL2
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Android Auto keeps cutting in and out after the phone is connected to my EV6 GTL1. I have updated the Android Auto app on my Samsung Galaxy S21. I have tried using a number of different cables as well as a Carsifi Wireless adapter which results in it connecting and disconnecting multiple times. It will stop after about 20 to 30 minutes but sometimes randomly starts doing it again or works for the first bit then starts disconnecting and reconnecting. I also have an iPhone and it does the same thing through Apple Car Play. At first, I thought it was my phone causing the issue but I am convinced that it's the EV6 as I had a Kia Telluride as a loaner vehicle for two days where I used the Android Auto in that vehicle without issue. I also used Android Auto on a rental car while on a business trip and had no issues.

Has anyone had similar issues or thoughts on how to resolve this?

· Registered
412 Posts
My Android Auto keeps cutting in and out after the phone is connected to my EV6 GTL1. I have updated the Android Auto app on my Samsung Galaxy S21. I have tried using a number of different cables as well as a Carsifi Wireless adapter which results in it connecting and disconnecting multiple times. It will stop after about 20 to 30 minutes but sometimes randomly starts doing it again or works for the first bit then starts disconnecting and reconnecting. I also have an iPhone and it does the same thing through Apple Car Play. At first, I thought it was my phone causing the issue but I am convinced that it's the EV6 as I had a Kia Telluride as a loaner vehicle for two days where I used the Android Auto in that vehicle without issue. I also used Android Auto on a rental car while on a business trip and had no issues.

Funnily enough, I had my first instance of this today. (I’ve had the car since December last year).

That was wired CarPlay.

I’ll see how it does over the next few days.

· Registered
22 EV6, Wind AWD/Tech Gray/Gray
269 Posts

I had this issue on the weekend. I had a 400 mile trip and use a Motorola MA1 for wireless android auto. It disconnected multiple times on each leg (usually after around 40 mins or so) It would then reconnect.

I thought it may be the MA1 (I didn't try a wired connection). I thought maybe my phone...the wireless charger didn't keep my Pixel 6Pro charged. Sometimes it charges...sometimes not.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have exactly the same issue since last week. Tried with 3 different iPhones and 3 different cables - all had the same issue.

I have an appointment this Friday at the dealer, so curious to see what they come up with..

· Registered
Kia EV6 AWD GTL2
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had this issue on the weekend. I had a 400 mile trip and use a Motorola MA1 for wireless android auto. It disconnected multiple times on each leg (usually after around 40 mins or so) It would then reconnect.

I thought it may be the MA1 (I didn't try a wired connection). I thought maybe my phone...the wireless charger didn't keep my Pixel 6Pro charged. Sometimes it charges...sometimes not.
Seems it happens wired (which I use mostly) or wireless. Its infuriating as it can happen at a crucial point during navigation.

· Registered
110 Posts
im not really sure if it has to do with the cable, I used 3 different cables already. It might have to do with the USB plug itself when the car hits a bump or something.. This is the only reason I'm forced to use the built-in nav.

· Registered
Kia EV6 AWD GTL2
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im not really sure if it has to do with the cable, I used 3 different cables already. It might have to do with the USB plug itself when the car hits a bump or something.. This is the only reason I'm forced to use the built-in nav.
I don't think it's caused by hitting a bump or anything like that. I have been stationary when it has cut out several times.

· Registered
Kia EV6 AWD GTL2
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What tool did you get? I’ve got an appt with the Kia dealer to look into this. Had some 12v battery issues just before the dropouts started so I think it could be related.
I haven't had any issues with the 12v battery that I'm aware of. This has been happening right from the start when I got my car in August. It would be a good idea to diagnose with the tool. I will check on Amazon and perhaps get one.

· Registered
Kia EV6 AWD GTL2
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No but I do have a USB diagnostic tool.

I just need someone to ride around with me and read the screen to see what's happening when the dropouts occur.
Just wondering if you sat in the car not driving if it cuts out for you? For me it's random but there are times when I connect the phone and it immediately starts cutting out whether I'm moving or not.

· Registered
133 Posts
Just wondering if you sat in the car not driving if it cuts out for you? For me it's random but there are times when I connect the phone and it immediately starts cutting out whether I'm moving or not.
I don't know... I suspect it would cut out with the same randomness but I'm not excited about the prospect of sitting in the car and not going anywhere to test this.

· Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
518 Posts
This is similar to other threads complaining about the USB dropping out. It’s happened to me a few times. I’m using an iPhone and mostly a CarLinKit 3 for wireless CarPlay.

The times mine has stopped working has always been while driving with the CarLinKit. When it happens, a cable is useless and the port has no power. When it’s happened, turning the car off and walking away for ~10 minutes fixed it.

I have talked with my service manager who offered to order a USB port. Unfortunately, they are not available at this time.

Monday, I drove over to CA from Las Vegas, using my cable just in case. Worked well. Until I stopped for a bio-break. Did nothing but turn the car off, unplug and take the iPhone off the mount, and go inside.

When I got back in, a simple plug in, turn on dnd go, right? Nope. No wired or wireless CarPlay. Shut it off, walked around the bldg a bit, I wasn’t in a hurry, still nothing.

Finally decided to go on and use Sirius/XM for sound instead of CarPlay. I use the Kia Nav because I like it in the HUD. Then, on a whim, I decided to try a reset of the infotainment system. Vióla! CarPlay was back. I unplugged the cable and tried wireless and it worked.

Now I need to go back to my service manager with this “update”. I’ll try the reset if the wireless cuts off next time. It happens so intermittently there’s no real way to force a failure.

Of course, this may not be the same as you all are experiencing, but I thought I’d share mine.

· Registered
38 Posts
I am also having this issue. When I first got the car, I did not regularly use Carplay since I didn't bother plugging in my phone for a short trip, but it was dead reliable on a longer trip. I got a wireless adapter, which worked well at first, but the dropouts have been getting worse, I recently counted 7 dropouts on a 15-minute drive. This has become frustrating, so I stopped using the wireless adapter, thinking it was at fault. I still don't regularly plug in my phone, but I have had a few dropouts when using it as well.

My wife has also become frustrated with the wireless CarPlay issue. However, She's just connected using Bluetooth, and she was having dropouts as well. So this isn't limited to USB or CarPlay.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts