Kia EV6 Forum banner
201 - 220 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
7 year? I wish. The battery system has an 8 year/100k mile warranty, but the rest of the car was 3 year/30k mile warranty. At 46k miles I'm well outside of that and must pay outside of the recall.
Apologies...I was commenting on the Kia 7 year warranty.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The press release says "is expected to begin introducing NVIDIA Drive in new car models by 2022.", which most probably means that not all cars will get the nvidia system then, but whenever the next facelift is. The Leaf gen2 had a replacement infotainment unit after just 14 months or so, but that's not common.

I would not bet on the 2023 model EV6 nor Ioniq5 having nvidia.

And I'm curious which system the new e-Niro will come with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The press release says "is expected to begin introducing NVIDIA Drive in new car models by 2022.", which most probably means that not all cars will get the nvidia system then, but whenever the next facelift is. The Leaf gen2 had a replacement infotainment unit after just 14 months or so, but that's not common.

I would not bet on the 2023 model EV6 nor Ioniq5 having nvidia.

And I'm curious which system the new e-Niro will come with.
I belive its important for KIA EV6 and Ioniq5, to have this new system with Nvidia, installed in production cars as soon as possible, and I do belive they will. EV6 is Kias flagship, so it would only be logical to presume they will do this within a year or maybe even sooner..anything else than that would be a waste, cause I think many people now will cancel their EV6 order ( I did cancel my GT Line awd order). - Its important to get this done, because the system they use now is simply outdated on all fronts..My Kia Optima 2018 and those before that year, have the same system. For crying out loud, this should be installed in new cars as soon as possible.
One more thing; This current system, it cant even do map routing where it puts charging places automatically for you when the battery need more juice..thats just embarrasing

·
Registered
3 Posts
all,

My name is Niall, I work as a KIA Genius at KIA EMG Thetford UK.

So as a KIA Genius my role is to inform anyone about all KIA vehicles answering queries and doing the best i can to make you more comfortable and feel more informed!

So please feel free to ask me anything big or small and i will do my very best to help you!

I look forward to helping!
Niall
Hiya Niall

Any news on the cost of a towbar yet? A month ago you said you had no info, but maybe things have moved on since then?

Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
@KIA_Genius_Niall .... I've seen on the Kia site that more and more options are cropping up but without photos. Do you have access to any of these images of have more information about the items?
TAILGATE TRIM LINE - £200 - CV491ADE00BL
TAILGATE TRIM LINE - £200 - CV491ADE00BR

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
Morning @KIA_Genius_Niall

What's the news on the heating system recall? Quite a few dealer rumours but no statement from Kia as yet. Will it be a formal recall or just a known fix our update?

all the best

Jon
This is what i got from them on Tuesday this week.

We are aware that some EV6 owners are experiencing heater function concerns. Our engineers are currently working on this, and our dealer network will be provided with the necessary information as soon as possible. We are confident, however, that this issue will be resolved by the time your vehicle is built and delivered to you.

Vehicle was meant to have been built last month. 🤔

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hiya Niall

Any news on the cost of a towbar yet? A month ago you said you had no info, but maybe things have moved on since then?

Thanks
They are now on the Kia UK website, minus photographs or specifications. The world, and Kia, works in mysterious ways!

TOW BAR (Detachable), Part No. CV281ADEO1 - £525

TOW BAR (Wiring Kit 13 Pin), Part No. CV621ADEOOPC - £225

Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Doesn't look like the type of part I thought it would be. I've seen images of the bottom boot bar and indicators in a smoked black colour. The parts I've seen sit underneath the brake light bar.

·
Registered
297 Posts
all,

My name is Niall, I work as a KIA Genius at KIA EMG Thetford UK.

So as a KIA Genius my role is to inform anyone about all KIA vehicles answering queries and doing the best i can to make you more comfortable and feel more informed!

So please feel free to ask me anything big or small and i will do my very best to help you!

I look forward to helping!
Niall
Hi Neil, I am having a problem with the car alarm. If I park anywhere other than on my drive the alarm goes off within 5 minutes and then again 5 minutes after that. I have found a short-term fix by going into the settings and switching the internal alarm off, but as it resets itself every time you start the car that is getting tedious. Others have suggested that the sensitivity can be adjusted by the dealer. Do you happen to know if this is the case please?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
Hi Neil, I am having a problem with the car alarm. If I park anywhere other than on my drive the alarm goes off within 5 minutes and then again 5 minutes after that. I have found a short-term fix by going into the settings and switching the internal alarm off, but as it resets itself every time you start the car that is getting tedious. Others have suggested that the sensitivity can be adjusted by the dealer. Do you happen to know if this is the case please?
Hi Robert,

I haven't heard any issues as of yet with the EV6 alarm, I can pose this question to Kia if you would like in terms of the sensitivity of the alarm, do you have a dog etc in the car?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
Hiya Niall

Thanks
They are now on the Kia UK website, minus photographs or specifications. The world, and Kia, works in mysterious ways!

TOW BAR (Detachable), Part No. CV281ADEO1 - £525

TOW BAR (Wiring Kit 13 Pin), Part No. CV621ADEOOPC - £225

Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Morning @KIA_Genius_Niall

What's the news on the heating system recall? Quite a few dealer rumours but no statement from Kia as yet. Will it be a formal recall or just a known fix our update?

all the best

Jon
We havent had a bulletin released from kia/ kia technical about if it will be a full blown recall or just a little fix to be done when the car is in with a kia dealership. As soon as the info is released I will update.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
Doesn't look like the type of part I thought it would be. I've seen images of the bottom boot bar and indicators in a smoked black colour. The parts I've seen sit underneath the brake light bar.
I will see if I can get hold of some images if possible

201 - 220 of 258 Posts