Kia EV6 Forum banner
221 - 240 of 258 Posts

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
@
KIA_Genius_Niall

Can you explain to me why a Kia dealer does not get information when a customers car is going to be built at the factory and when they can expect to see it at there dealership.

Struggling to understand how a modern car business does not keep the dealer update who in turn informs the customer.

Been waiting months for my car and the dealer says he can not give me any information on the car.

WHY?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
@
KIA_Genius_Niall

Can you explain to me why a Kia dealer does not get information when a customers car is going to be built at the factory and when they can expect to see it at there dealership.

Struggling to understand how a modern car business does not keep the dealer update who in turn informs the customer informed.

Been waiting months for my car and the dealer says he can not give me any information on the car.

WHY?
We normally get supplied dates in terms of build date and when the car is on route in compound etc, however we have been seeing due to availability some cars have been taking a while before we get any date for any of the process.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are now on the Kia UK website, minus photographs or specifications. The world, and Kia, works in mysterious ways!

TOW BAR (Detachable), Part No. CV281ADEO1 - £525

TOW BAR (Wiring Kit 13 Pin), Part No. CV621ADEOOPC - £225

Hope this helps you out.
Hiya
Thanks for this. So £750 plus the cost of fitting?
Cheers, John

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
We normally get supplied dates in terms of build date and when the car is on route in compound etc, however we have been seeing due to availability some cars have been taking a while before we get any date for any of the process.
Well my dealer got this about asking the Kia Supply Chain,

Good morning,

I am afraid, production against order hasn't been assigned as yet. We will be able to give you further update in approx. a month time.

The car was due December / January 2022 and now it looks like this is not going to happen, not great from Kia.

You want us to buy the car but don't want to let us know when we will get the car.

It will be 8 months Jan.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If it is any consolation to you (and I'm pretty sure it's not), there is currently a lead time of 11 months on new I-Paces!!!

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
627 Posts
Can you turn off the external reversing beep? At night reversing into the drive it is loud enough to annoy the neighbours!
It is not, unfortunately. Most governments require an audible system to alert pedestrians.

Most likely, the only person being annoyed is you as the driver. LOL

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
Never heard any other all electric car have a reverse beep?

This maybe a requirement in the USA but certainly not in the UK otherwise Tesla's and VW ID range to name some would do this.

·
Registered
EV6 77kWh RWD Steel Grey (05/22)
161 Posts
I would check with the dealer and ask.
There is a fuse you can remove but if it is a requirement in your country you are liable for any accidents should they find out you removed the fuse.

Tell your neighbours it's for their kids and pets safety.

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
I do not have the car to look but is there a VESS button?

On a 2021 Niro EV the button on the right below steering wheel marked "VESS" stops the engine noise and the reversing beeps .

·
Registered
EV6 77kWh RWD Steel Grey (05/22)
161 Posts
I do not have the car to look but is there a VESS button?

On a 2021 Niro EV the button on the right below steering wheel marked "VESS" stops the engine noise and the reversing beeps .
No there is no button. Nor is there on a 2022 Niro.

·
Registered
1 Posts

This maybe a requirement in the USA but certainly not in the UK otherwise Tesla's and VW ID range to name some would do this.
iPace does. I was told it is a requirement if the vehicle is over a certain weight... not specifically ev but obviously evs can be heavier than ICE equivalents.

·
Registered
99 Posts

Yes, there is a reversing chime. It's the same VESS system as the newest E-Niro.

In North America, however, your chime is so fcking LOUD and harsh on the new E-Niro that you'll probably wake the neighbours with it!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yes, there is a reversing chime. It's the same VESS system as the newest E-Niro.

In North America, however, your chime is so fcking LOUD and harsh on the new E-Niro that you'll probably wake the neighbours with it!
Not as bad as the internal backup beeping of a Prius. I can live with that, but the Prius, damn.... they pulled the beeping sound straight from a Mac truck backing up.

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
iPace does. I was told it is a requirement if the vehicle is over a certain weight... not specifically ev but obviously evs can be heavier than ICE equivalents.
Does anyone who has the EV6 in the UK able confirm if it has the reverse beep outside the car?

221 - 240 of 258 Posts