Kia EV6 Forum banner
241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Look at the 3:40 mark of this video, you can hear the reverse beeping. Its actually pleasant and not annoying.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line S AWD with Heat Pump
7 Posts
Does anyone who has the EV6 in the UK able confirm if it has the reverse beep outside the car?
Second-hand news only, a friend of mine who was lucky enough to get a very early GT Line RWD back in October reversed out of my drive last week and I can confirm the car beeped. Not very loudly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
all,

My name is Niall, I work as a KIA Genius at KIA EMG Thetford UK.

So as a KIA Genius my role is to inform anyone about all KIA vehicles answering queries and doing the best i can to make you more comfortable and feel more informed!

So please feel free to ask me anything big or small and i will do my very best to help you!

I look forward to helping!
Niall
Hi Neill,
I've just take delivery
all,

So as a KIA Genius my role is to inform anyone about all KIA vehicles answering queries and doing the best i can to make you more comfortable and feel more informed!

So please feel free to ask me anything big or small and i will do my very best to help you!

Niall
Hi Niall,
I've just taken delivery of the EV6 Air a few days ago and still working through all the tech; one particular question I have, if you can advise, is regarding the navigation system and whether there is a voice alert when the rel
all,

Niall
Hi Niall, I've just taken delivery of the EV6 Air and still working my way through all the tech on offer. One question I have, if you can help, is with the navigation system and wonder if there is a voice alert when exceeding the speed limit, as on the TomTom GPS etc?

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is a really important thread, the one thing I am interested in is whether the update.Kia.com services counts as the free updates within the first year or do they mean something else?

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
This is a really important thread, the one thing I am interested in is whether the update.Kia.com services counts as the free updates within the first year or do they mean something else?
As there is no service plan as yet available with the car it no doubts means the first year and you then have to pay after either during a service or as a separate item.

Maybe in the future Kia will offer a service plan with updates covered.

I think any safety related updates will no doubt be free.

Just my view on this.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As there is no service plan as yet available with the car it no doubts means the first year and you then have to pay after either during a service or as a separate item.

Maybe in the future Kia will offer a service plan with updates covered.

I think any safety related updates will no doubt be free.

Just my view on this.
Yet there is nothing stopping you going to update.Kia.com downloading the updater and downloading the firmware. So either they are confused or taking about something else?

·
Registered
3 Posts
here was a link in one of the forums a week or so ago (£199 in the UK).
all,

Niall
Hi Niall, I have just ordered my EV6 yesterday and had a couple of queries regarding the infotainment system

1. Are the artificial sounds on all of the different models and what are they, are there any samples of them to listen to?
2. Is the ambient lighting system customisable apart from the change when different driving modes are in use?
3. Does an iPhone have to be plugged in (with a wire) to enable Apple Carplay?

Many thanks

Jerry

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Niall, I have just ordered my EV6 yesterday and had a couple of queries regarding the infotainment system

1. Are the artificial sounds on all of the different models and what are they, are there any samples of them to listen to?
2. Is the ambient lighting system customisable apart from the change when different driving modes are in use?

Many thanks

Jerry

As i understand it there are 3 sound effects(maybe not on all cars)which can be turned on or off-Not sure if they aren't on Asian petrolheads review(maybe youtube for the sounds)

You can change the ambient light settings as i understand and it's customisable from a colour wheel(again may be model specific)

yes you have to use a wire for Apple car play

·
Registered
12 Posts

Many thanks

Jerry

Hello Jerry

As I understood, you need to spec the Meridian sound system to get the ASD (Active Sound Design) feature. At least here in Switzerland.

241 - 258 of 258 Posts