Kia EV6 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the same problem.
I went to my kia dealer and they told me to have the a/c and heat buttons "on" to get heat from the system.
It seems to work untill you switch off the a/c. The it starts to blow cold air even with heat button active. If you turn a/c again with heat button active you won't get any more heat until you stop the car, switch it off, get out and lock it. And then get in the car, start again etc etc...

Did you find a solution? Any advice?
The Heatpump (A/C) can be used to both warm and cool the car more efficient. In fact the AC (like in homes) does both jobs. Turning it off would disable the heat from the heatpump...
While most people in the car think it is only for coolling as heat was coming from the engine. For electric that won't work :)

·
Registered
EV6 77kWh RWD Steel Grey (05/22)
95 Posts
No regrets, it is very good car, drives marvelous, very luxe. Most problems are because we do not know all the parameters in the setup and what they do
Well cars that won't turn on or have no heating are inexcusable in 2021...

If they didn't get these basics right, I am scared of what issues we will see a few months or years down the line.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, I got this car yesterday and what a beauty it is. But I am trying to find out what the second buttorn behind the charging door is for. Looked at the online manual and also in the normal manual but cannot find it anywhere. I think the button says "HOLD".
Automotive lighting Purple Violet Automotive design Gadget

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wonder if it’s a shortcut to “charge now” if you have a scheduled charge but want to charge immediately (e.g. at a public charger)
No, sorry. That can be accomplished by holding the top button for 2 second according to the manual. But now I think about it, it does make sense looking at the picture on it. Will give that a try tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would think it would be to interrupt charging and unlock the handle. 🤷‍♂️
That would be rather strange because then someone could press it and steal the cable. Unlocking works depending how you set it up in the system, always locked, locked while charging or never locked. When always locked or while charging you can unlock it by opening the car with the remote.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That would be rather strange because then someone could press it and steal the cable. Unlocking works depending how you set it up in the system, always locked, locked while charging or never locked.
This is what the online manual says about never locked mode:
Do not lock mode
The connector unlocks regardless of the state of charging. Press the charging connector release button, disconnect the connector. Be careful to theft of the charging cable.
Perhaps that's the connector release button?

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is what the online manual says about never locked mode:

Perhaps that's the connector release button?
Thanks for trying to get an answer to this! I just went to the car, put it on the "Do not lock" mode and put in the charging connector. When charging started I could just pull it out without pressing any button (doors were locked at that time). I will try some more things tomorrow as it is the middle of the night here now and report back.

·
Registered
177 Posts
No, sorry. That can be accomplished by holding the top button for 2 second according to the manual. But now I think about it, it does make sense looking at the picture on it. Will give that a try tomorrow.
Wait, holding the close button for 2 seconds = charge now? I thought the top button was to close the charge port door.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Heatpump (A/C) can be used to both warm and cool the car more efficient. In fact the AC (like in homes) does both jobs. Turning it off would disable the heat from the heatpump...
While most people in the car think it is only for coolling as heat was coming from the engine. For electric that won't work :)
Thanks for your response.
But I don't get it. If heat is coming from a/c what is the heat button for? I mean, you can have heat active with a/c disabled, and that makes the car produce heat.
Furthermore, if you use autoclimate and roll the temperature knob from lowest to highest, there's a point in which the climate system switches from a/c to heat (with a/c disabled)

I getting mad with this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Problem is solved, problem was the interference off the connect App. In the background was a planned action. Deleted this one, set the car on and in connect App stopped the airco. Now it is working fine. I think most problems are because of interactions in the setup

·
Registered
47 Posts
In the background was a planned action. Deleted this one, set the car on and in connect App stopped the airco.
What do you mean by a planned action, and where did you delete it?

My dealer just got back to me this morning and asked me to try setting Kia Connect to Offline Mode in the car, and trying again, so far I've only had an opportunity to test the scheduled charging but that did seem to work OK after I did this, I will try again with the scheduled climate control later.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Problem is solved, problem was the interference off the connect App. In the background was a planned action. Deleted this one, set the car on and in connect App stopped the airco. Now it is working fine. I think most problems are because of interactions in the setup
Can you elaborate more?
When you say: "In the background was a planned action. Deleted this one..." what are you referring to? What's a planned action? How did you delete it?

·
Registered
EV6 77kWh RWD Steel Grey (05/22)
95 Posts
In the app you can set your leave time and than the climate system Kan pre heat it up so the car is nice and warm when Ik start it up.
So currently you can have a warm car when you leave, some of the time because it fails a lot...

Or, you can have a car that can heat up while driving

😂

81 - 100 of 235 Posts