Kia EV6 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
What do you mean by a planned action, and where did you delete it?

My dealer just got back to me this morning and asked me to try setting Kia Connect to Offline Mode in the car, and trying again, so far I've only had an opportunity to test the scheduled charging but that did seem to work OK after I did this, I will try again with the scheduled climate control later.
Do you have problems with heating the car while driving too? Or just the scheduled charge and climate control.
Can you turn on climate control from the app and get heat?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do you have problems with heating the car while driving too? Or just the scheduled charge and climate control.
Can you turn on climate control from the app and get heat?
Heating in the car works fine for me, no issues there. I can turn on the climate control from the app, but the car seems to draw power from the battery, not the charger. Scheduled climate control is not working unless the car is still charging, when it's plugged in but finished charging, scheduled climate control doesn't work for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Heating in the car works fine for me, no issues there. I can turn on the climate control from the app, but the car seems to draw power from the battery, not the charger. Scheduled climate control is not working unless the car is still charging, when it's plugged in but finished charging, scheduled climate control doesn't work for me.
So you can turn the climate on from the app with the car not plugged in right?

·
Super Moderator
102 Posts
I asked my dealer in they have a build week or any information on my order and was told that Kia do not offer this information, is this true?

When we ordered our VW Tiguan we had a tracking number where we could watch the car all the way along the build, ship etc ect?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did see a YouTube clip a little while ago talking about the Dash Cam facility, there was a slot for a memory card in the glove box.
I have searched but have been unable to locate the video again.
It would really be good if the hardware could be sourced to allow the car to use the factory fit camera as a dash cam.
I will temporarily use my exiting Rove Dash Cam, but not sure it will look neat just being stuck on the windscreen. If I can get the KIA camera operating, I may just use my Rove camera for rear use.
I could also do with info on the fuses, I can‘t see anything in the on line manual. I should add, I don’t get my car until later today
Niall
Appreciate you may not be able to expand any further on your answer to Gordons question, but just about to place my order and part of it is for a Nextbase dashcam.
Given the number of cameras on the EV6, it really does seem to be a complete nonsense it is not already equipped with a recording mode.
The Kia dealer tells me front & rear camera + installation around £400
IF Kia there is a remote chance a software update will permit something like 'Sentry' mode, I will forget the dashcam and wait

·
Registered
94 Posts
Niall
Appreciate you may not be able to expand any further on your answer to Gordons question, but just about to place my order and part of it is for a Nextbase dashcam.
Given the number of cameras on the EV6, it really does seem to be a complete nonsense it is not already equipped with a recording mode.
The Kia dealer tells me front & rear camera + installation around £400
IF Kia there is a remote chance a software update will permit something like 'Sentry' mode, I will forget the dashcam and wait
i would like to use the car's cameras also, however, if you have to have a nextbase installation I wouldn't have a rear wired camera installed. I had a nextbase front and rear camera fitted by Halfords..........only about £10.50 on offer.. BUT, the rear camera sucks a lot out of the battery so you don't get coverage if you park your car up for a week or so. You're better off having a nextbase where the rear camera plugs into the front camera. Not such perfect vision obviously, but you save on running the cable to the back and the battery lasts much longer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i would like to use the car's cameras also, however, if you have to have a nextbase installation I wouldn't have a rear wired camera installed. I had a nextbase front and rear camera fitted by Halfords..........only about £10.50 on offer.. BUT, the rear camera sucks a lot out of the battery so you don't get coverage if you park your car up for a week or so. You're better off having a nextbase where the rear camera plugs into the front camera. Not such perfect vision obviously, but you save on running the cable to the back and the battery lasts much longer.
Unfortunately, the front mounted rear facing camera setup you suggest is likely to have big gaps in what you can see due to the rear headrest positions (see comments in various youtube reviews about rear visibility), leading to potentially missing number plates, etc. To have a chance of being effective I would think a separate rear mounted camera is essential.

·
Registered
47 Posts
So you can turn the climate on from the app with the car not plugged in right?
Actually I've since discovered that the climate control does turn on, the fans are blowing and the heated steering wheel light comes on, but there's no heat.

My dealer informed me this morning that "this issue is more than likely being caused by an inverter fault at the back of the E-Compressor" and they are hoping to have a suggested fixed in a couple of days.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do the cynical amongst us have a suspicion that things other than navigation are being updated through the back door (after all the 'navigation' system is a big chunk of the control system) 😉 Wouldn't be the first operating system update to carry tweaks outside the declared intention of the update (and I have to say if they are doing so and fixing things on the QT then please carry on).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Actually I've since discovered that the climate control does turn on, the fans are blowing and the heated steering wheel light comes on, but there's no heat.

My dealer informed me this morning that "this issue is more than likely being caused by an inverter fault at the back of the E-Compressor" and they are hoping to have a suggested fixed in a couple of days.
Wow that sounds great!!!
Do you have any idea about the fix being hardware or software?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I suspect his issue is different. The problem, so far, seems only the affect those with heat pumps.
I have no heat pump and
I suspect his issue is different. The problem, so far, seems only the affect those with heat pumps.
i have no heat pump and am having the same issue.
Climate control works as expected when in the vehicle.
When using from the app it does everything I’d expect except heat the car. So steering wheel heats up. Air is blown up the windscreen etc. but there is no heat. It’s just blowing cold air.

I noticed if I changed the temp on the app, altho it doesn’t do it while I’m out of the car, once I get in the car and turn it on, the temp automatically changes to what u had set on the app. Problem with this is the car is cold when getting into it.

really hope there is a fix for this soon as pre hearing is a standard for an ev.

101 - 120 of 235 Posts