Kia EV Forum banner

Any EV6 questions are welcome! Ask away!

42K views 278 replies 72 participants last post by  windracer 
#1 ·
all,

My name is Niall, I work as a KIA Genius at KIA EMG Thetford UK.

So as a KIA Genius my role is to inform anyone about all KIA vehicles answering queries and doing the best i can to make you more comfortable and feel more informed!

So please feel free to ask me anything big or small and i will do my very best to help you!

I look forward to helping!
Niall

#2 ·
Hi, Niall,

So EMG are a Kia dealership I think. Have you and your team had training on the EV6? There will, I'm sure, be a whole load of technical questions coming your way.

I'll kick off... when is Apple Car play going wireless on the EV6 and will that be an over the air update or a dealer update?

#13 ·
Hi Jon,

Yes we are a Kia dealership based in Thetford Norfolk. We have all had some training which was done on our event day back in July however most of our knowledge is all of us being curious and interested in the car. We regularly just go out and test things so we can offer better experiences to our customers and because we think the car is really cool!

In terms of apple car play wireless it's not available from launch and the most we have been told is it's most likely going to be implemented in 2022 though which quarter hasn't been confirmed. As to over air update or dealership update again we haven't been told but it was a goal of the EV6 to increase use of over the air updates but we will have to see. Once I know more I will update you all.

#16 ·
I did see a YouTube clip a little while ago talking about the Dash Cam facility, there was a slot for a memory card in the glove box.
I have searched but have been unable to locate the video again.
It would really be good if the hardware could be sourced to allow the car to use the factory fit camera as a dash cam.
I will temporarily use my exiting Rove Dash Cam, but not sure it will look neat just being stuck on the windscreen. If I can get the KIA camera operating, I may just use my Rove camera for rear use.
I could also do with info on the fuses, I can‘t see anything in the on line manual. I should add, I don’t get my car until later today

#17 ·
I did see a YouTube clip a little while ago talking about the Dash Cam facility, there was a slot for a memory card in the glove box.
I have searched but have been unable to locate the video again.
It would really be good if the hardware could be sourced to allow the car to use the factory fit camera as a dash cam.
I will temporarily use my exiting Rove Dash Cam, but not sure it will look neat just being stuck on the windscreen. If I can get the KIA camera operating, I may just use my Rove camera for rear use.
I could also do with info on the fuses, I can‘t see anything in the on line manual. I should add, I don’t get my car until later today
Hi Gordon,
I will check for the memory card slot, but at the moment I haven't had information about such thing being possible at the moment.

In terms of fuses what information would you like?

#4 ·
all,

So as a KIA Genius my role is to inform anyone about all KIA vehicles answering queries and doing the best i can to make you more comfortable and feel more informed!

So please feel free to ask me anything big or small and i will do my very best to help you!

Niall
[/QUOTE
all,

Niall
Hi Niall, do you know if there are roof racket
all,

Niall
Hi Niall, do you know if there are roof racks available as i would like to add a skibox on teh roof

#6 ·
Hi! I have a few questions (especially since we have yet to see it in North America)
  • Is the leather wrapped steering wheel real leather or “vegan” leather?
  • What’s the H point (I don’t need an exact measurement but an approximation such as a 5’10” person may need to step up/down to the vehicle or can slide right in)
  • What is the minimum ground clearance of the EV6?

#9 ·
I'll give it a go. Thanks so much for your contributions.
  1. Can iPedal be enabled permanently? Or you do you have to use the paddle shifters every time you turn on the car?
  2. Will the driver assist functions handle stop and go traffic? At least the accelerator.
  3. Will the EV6 set your driver profile based on the key? So, I can use iPedal or whatever and my wife can set 0 regen.
  4. Matrix headlights are not legal in the US, but I assume it will do auto high-beams still?
  5. Does it have rain sensing wipers?
  6. Will there be a way to use the external cameras to record video?

#12 ·
My biggest reason not to buy an EV6, although I love the car: the software and hardware for the infotainment system.

The infotainment system feels like going back in time several years. It is slow, real slow.

Will Kia support it for at least 7 years with updates to improve it? Or will all focus go to the new Nvidia drive system?

Is route planning going to come soon with charging stops along the route? Maybe they forgot you need the charge this car at some point 🤣

Is wireless android auto and apple Carplay coming?
Will we get widescreen Android Auto soon?
Will we be able to see Waze or Google Maps on the main screen at some time? It is a big screen but it is not really being used as there isn't much info on it.

So yeah, I was about to buy one but glad I did a few test drives. The car, minus some small gripes, is super. But it feels like a 2022 car with 2012 software.

#22 ·
Hi Niall,
Two questions
1) I am awaiting my GT-line S and the dealer is telling me 20 inch winter tyres, though I'm not convinced this is accurate
2) Although I put in a wireless dongle in a test car (agreed by Kia) and that easily paired with my iPhone to reproduce on the 12.3 inch screen via CarPlay, is Kia going to resolve this for wireless CarPlay as the dongle occupies the front USB slot? Also will Kia offer a freee dongle to all customers in the UK/ Europe as a consequence of this fault? Other Kia 2021 cars have wireless CarPlay

#24 ·
2) Although I put in a wireless dongle in a test car (agreed by Kia) and that easily paired with my iPhone to reproduce on the 12.3 inch screen via CarPlay, is Kia going to resolve this for wireless CarPlay as the dongle occupies the front USB slot? Also will Kia offer a freee dongle to all customers in the UK/ Europe as a consequence of this fault?
Not really a fault is it. Wireless isn’t part of the spec so it’s not likely something that they will “resolve”.

Reactions: N96 and MuckyMuck
#30 ·
From what I found in the online manual:

• Even though charging is possible with the EV button in the ON/START position, for you safety, start charging when the EV button is in the OFF position and the vehicle shifted to P (Park). After charging has started, you can use electrical components such as the radio by pressing the EV button to the ACC or ON position.

#43 ·
Niall, can you advise on this topic Auto dimming screens ?

My assumption is that the screens stay dark or light, depending on selected setting BUT dim or brighten, according to light level. Please advise.
Hi Amo,
Typically auto dimming displays sense lighting conditions and adjust the display to reduce eye strain or overbearing light, the EV6 features light and dark mode like YouTube, you can select the setting to stay on either mode but it should also change to dark mode at night if set to auto and works in tandem with auto dimming :)

#37 ·
I know there hasn't been a ton of concrete info released about the GT, but please pass it on to your overlords that it would be very beneficial to offer the seats from the GT-Line (w/ heating and cooling; less bolstered) available as an option on the GT. I know that isn't currently an option for EU (and the UK... that's weird to say, lol) customers, but hopefully there's still time to make a decision for the States.

#44 ·
I can't understand why Kia Korea just don't tell us whether or not there will be more options for the GT and which options there will be for our respective countries, I mean surely it cant be that hard. I'm ready to place an order on a GT but I won't until I know whether there will be more colour choice, (3 colours is a bit dismal) and I'd like to know a little more about the seats and the electronic adjustable suspension - non of which my local Kia dealer could help me with, but he still wanted me to drop a £1000 deposit lol.

#45 ·
I can't understand why Kia Korea just don't tell us whether or not there will be more options for the GT and which options they are in our respective countries, I mean surely it cant be that hard. I'm ready to place an order on a GT but I won't until I know whether there will be more colour choice, (3 colours is a bit dismal) and I'd like to know a little more about the seats and the electronic adjustable suspension - non of which my local Kia dealer could help me with, but he still wanted me to drop a £1000 deposit lol.
I'm in same situation, ready to make an order, but still waiting for more news to come about the choices, the colours is not a problem for me, because I want to wrap it in foil, but I agree with the seats, it would be nice if it could be an option to change it for more comfort

#49 ·
I've had a test drive yesterday with the GT line, yes it's very quick and quick enough for my demand, but the price difference is not much from a GT line and a GT in Denmark (4,5k pound), so it's like a no brainer for me to not go with the GT while you're up there and it seems like you'll have to wait up to 6-8 months for the GT line to arrive, then why not spend another 2 months for the GT`?
I rarely have longer trips and my daily range from home to work and back again is like 16km's, if the GT were more expensive, then I would definitely go with GT line for sure

#51 ·
Niall.
I ordered an EV6 GT line S AWD.
The car is due in the next week or so.
I ordered a heat pump, but was told it does not have one as they did not
have any at the factory, and shipped it without out one.
Has anyone on here had delivery of their car with a heat pump fitted?

#53 ·
Hi Niall,

Is there a kia equivalent to the Hyundai link below (or should any Hyundai Motor group VIN work?) to confirm if there is any ECU update available without having to go to the dealer and plug the car into GDS?
Rückrufe und Serviceaktionen | Hyundai Deutschland

Got my EV6 for about a week and got stuck in "zombie" mode (as described on Ioniq 5 forums - only able to switch between P and N, unable to turn car off) 3 times already (after DC charge, after long parking, after AC charger and short drive, so no particular trigger identified so far).

Thanks,
Stephane

#54 ·
Hi Niall,

Is there a kia equivalent to the Hyundai link below (or should any Hyundai Motor group VIN work?) to confirm if there is any ECU update available without having to go to the dealer and plug the car into GDS?
Rückrufe und Serviceaktionen | Hyundai Deutschland

Got my EV6 for about a week and got stuck in "zombie" mode (as described on Ioniq 5 forums - only able to switch between P and N, unable to turn car off) 3 times already (after DC charge, after long parking, after AC charger and short drive, so no particular trigger identified so far).

Thanks,
Stephane
Hi Stephane,

I know as a dealer we have the ability to look up VINs to check for updates recalls etc typically done by service (I have spent time helping service) however I am not familiar with a public version.

I have heard about this zombie mode but we are yet to experience it as a dealer in regards to it possibly being caused by charging we were told not to plug in the EV6 to charge unless it is full off and only then can we put it into ACC mode and use climate control etc.

#57 ·
Does EV6 have a route planner that automatically plans also charging stations along the route and calculates required charging times & total route driving time?
Or.... does the user have to handpick every charging station along the route not knowing what the car's charge level is at that point?

#58 ·
As of current the EV6 suggests near by chargers while driving but does not calculate suggested charging times to my knowledge or plan stops into route the EV6 will just suggest you cannot go beyond a circular range without stopping to charge. Our managers car is fully electric and he plans his long routes with stops and estimates to good accuracy what his range will be once he gets to his stop to charge the EV6 will give you real time range estimation of which you can minus the miles to get to the stop. He suggests zap map for planning routes :) sorry if this doesn't help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.