Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve tried RTFM, but I still cannot work out how auto-climate is supposed to work with the heat pump. What do the three levels of auto climate mean, and does auto climate work out when the heat pump needs to come on?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
none of us know and each Kia dealership will tell you a different story too. We know more about the Higgs Boson particle than the EV6 HVAC.

BUT... it should make no difference to the controls whether you have the heat pump or not. The only difference is the efficiency in scavenging heat.
Well if anyone would know I’d guess it’d be you ;)

I don’t understand why they have provided three levels of auto, my working assumption is that level 3 is the least efficient (but with greatest power to heat/cool) and 1 is the most (but with less power to heat/cool)?

The only thing I’ve noticed is that switched to ‘heat’ switches the auto climate off.

• Haha
Reactions: jongodfrey

·
Registered
534 Posts

I don’t understand why they have provided three levels of auto, my working assumption is that level 3 is the least efficient (but with greatest power to heat/cool) and 1 is the most (but with less power to heat/cool)?

The only thing I’ve noticed is that switched to ‘heat’ switches the auto climate off.
I've assumed "heat" overrides the climate control and is sort of a "give me heat now!" function which overrides the heat scavenging system. Like in one of my Land Rover's I had a little diesel heater that would keep you warm even if the engine was cold or off.... of course in the EV6 that will be the PCT heater I guess. But there's no documentation and I've seen plenty of contradictory post on here and on Facebook.

Just as an example; This email from Kia is clearly wrong... My Pre-heat does not work when plugged in, charging or not. But the key fob work around works fine.

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

After the software update last week, my climate control works as should be. I leave it on Auto midlevel, works fine. Depending on the actual temperature the AC or Heat will switch on.
Works fine now
Hallelujah... just how it should be. Choose your setting and let it do its thing. It's great to know it will work.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After the software update last week, my climate control works as should be. I leave it on Auto midlevel, works fine. Depending on the actual temperature the AC or Heat will switch on.
Works fine now
This is how it works for me too on a run this morning. I just have it at high ATM

·
Registered
214 Posts
If it’s anything like other models with Auto, the levels just control max fan speed in Auto mode. Typically Auto 3 would be highest max fan speed, followed by 2 and 1.
Yep, looks like you correct (y)

Link to manual

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
755 Posts

If it’s anything like other models with Auto, the levels just control max fan speed in Auto mode. Typically Auto 3 would be highest max fan speed, followed by 2 and 1.
He's spot on

·
Registered
33 Posts
Auto climate seems to work fine on level 2 then set the vents as you want, the heat will come on and switch off when the set temp is reached. I also set the air recirculate button to on to stop outside cold air coming in all seemed to work fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts