Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today under heavy braking to avoid an accident this slid into the floor of the cockpit. Does anyone know where it is stored and what it is? Looks like it's part of some sort of tool kit possibly for a tyre change?

Wood Tool Office supplies Font Gas

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
Yes 100 percent its your towing eye, you fit this to the car if you ever have the unfortunate issues to be towed.

·
Super Moderator
1,766 Posts
Tow Hook, stores in your Tire Mobility Kit
And not on the floor as the OP found while braking, strange how and why it was there in the first place.

·
Super Moderator
1,766 Posts
Thanks all, makes sense! Where is the tyre mobility kit stored usually? I don't see mine?
Have you looked in the boot under the floor, if you lift the boot floor up is it under there by chance?

This is where i would expect to find the kit.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line AWD Yacht Blue
160 Posts
Strange that one is a completely different design. From a different car maybe? Very strange that it was just randomly under your seat.

***runs to check under mine!

·
Super Moderator
1,766 Posts
Maybe your car towed the other car where that hook is from 😱 🤣 🤣

Reactions: shoob

·
Registered
20 Posts
View attachment 4018

Weird and getting weirder because when I open my Tyre Repair kit there's already one in there haha anyway will just keep it now with that thanks for the help
Maybe the extra tow hook is why we are all having to pay thousands of dollars over for these cars . . . also FWIW, that 'spare' doesn't look up to snuff with the weld and not one forged piece of metal.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
709 Posts
I had two loose tow hooks in my car upon first test drive, too - found one during the test drive, second after I'd purchased two days later (and they'd driven it to the detailer's, go figure). Maybe the tow hooks were used to anchor the cars on the RORO ship? Or maybe they were used to move the cars before/after shipping?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had two loose tow hooks in my car upon first test drive, too - found one during the test drive, second after I'd purchased two days later (and they'd driven it to the detailer's, go figure). Maybe the tow hooks were used to anchor the cars on the RORO ship? Or maybe they were used to move the cars before/after shipping?
Either of those ideas are quite possible!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts