Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the other day that the load floor in the trunk can be slotted in at a 45* angle, rather than flat. My first guess was that it was for privacy in a pinch if you didn't have the cargo cover, but in the folded positions shown, it doesn't cover anything, and in the extended position, the lift gate can't close.

My second theory was that you could load something in the wedge between the angled panel and the back seat so it won't roll around, but the floor can't really bear any weight this way - I'd be worried even just going over bumps with it like this.

I guess it's just so you have a convenient place to put it while you're organizing -stuff- underneath it, rather than pulling it out of the car totally?
Trunk Vehicle Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Hood

Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Vehicle door

·
Registered
94 Posts
I wonder if it's possible to put the cargo cover in place with the floor like that. And I wonder why I haven't tried it.
Yes, it's possible.

You just have to remove the cover to the left, behind the left wheel arch. Pull upwards. It then has visual instruction on how to seat the cargo cover.

Having said that, the instructions are a little misleading. It suggests you place the bar in facing up (the reel exiting upwards). Although it can be seated this way, the false floor cannot close flush. The best way to do it is to place it 'upside down' to how it normally sits in the trunk, so that the reel opening is against the floor, facing towards the front of the vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts