Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind RWD
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our EV6's have only a single Data USB Port and it's the lone USB A Port. All of the USB C Ports are Power Only.
So . . . . my question: Has anyone found a USB Splitter, that the EV6 can use and recognize more than one source on this USB A Data Port?
I would like to keep the USB Drive which contains my Music files connected to/through this USB A Port at the same time as my Apple iPhone is, so that I can use Apple CarPlay.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
If you connected a USB hub in the car, how would the car know to speak to it and choose between devices connected to the hub? You'd have to have some kind of "input source" menu that doesn't just show "USB"

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind RWD
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you connected a USB hub in the car, how would the car know to speak to it and choose between devices connected to the hub? You'd have to have some kind of "input source" menu that doesn't just show "USB"
I have another vehicle that does recognize multiple sources from an attached USB Hub. I'm hoping this KIA is similar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
But you can play high quality audio files via wired CarPlay or AA.
True, but depending upon your phone storage size, and what else is on your phone, storage may be tight. It would be nice if the EV6 supported aptX protocol on Bluetooth, could potentially get close to lossless quality with something like a Fiio or other lossless player.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the music on my phone, but for that to work with the Kia soundsystem, the phone must be plugged into the usb-a port and if I do that, I can't use the Apple maps. Plugging into a usb-c port doesn't work, even with a real Apple cable.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
230 Posts
I have the music on my phone, but for that to work with the Kia soundsystem, the phone must be plugged into the usb-a port and if I do that, I can't use the Apple maps. Plugging into a usb-c port doesn't work, even with a real Apple cable.
I have no trouble using the usb-a port gor Apple CarPlay, which includes Apple Maps among other apps. You have to set it up the first time in the phone projection menu.

That said, I now use a CarLinKit 3.0 wireless dongle. It works great, not perfect, but it’s way better than trying to figure out cable problems. There are detailed reviews in the forum if you use the search function.

I also use an Apple Music subscription and do not download music, steaming instead. My Verizon unlimited data plan makes this a viable option to. No lag streaming.

·
Registered
326 Posts
USB Splitter, Andul USB 2.0 Y Splitter Charger Cable 1 Male to 2 Female Power Cord Extension Hub Adapter for Car / Laptop / LED Etc,Navy

This is what you want from amazon.com

·
Registered
102 Posts
I do not have my car yet, in my current 2017 Audi my music is on an SD card. Does the EV6 have any card (SD or micro SD) for media input of this kind?

·
Registered
80 Posts
USB Splitter, Andul USB 2.0 Y Splitter Charger Cable 1 Male to 2 Female Power Cord Extension Hub Adapter for Car / Laptop / LED Etc,Navy

It says:
  • Note: It does not work for car USB/ Apple Carplay.as these systems do not support USB hubs.(Compatible with TESLA model 3,which is similar to Laptop equipment.)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts