Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
I am the proud owner of my first electric car the Kia EV6 air. I took delivery of it two days ago and have only driven it for a few miles. Only problem I have is that I park it close as poss. to my garage doors and as I have the Air version it has not got front parking sensors. With my previous car, a Lexus NX300 when you are stopped with your foot on the brake you could take your foot off the brake and it would creep forwards, slowly, which enabled me to creep towards the garage door under control. I have found, so far, that once the EV6 has stopped you need to creep forward by using the accelerator and it seems a bit sensitive !! Anyone know of a way to get the Kia to creep under brake control ?
I tried having the regen. braking up full and down to off, makes no difference.
I know I could reverse in and use the camera and sensors but its fine control at a low speed I need. I plan to talk to the dealer regarding this but I thought owners may have already sussed this out.
I hope I have described the small problem I have with the car sufficiently.
Other than this little problem I love the car.
Thanks for the forum its great.
Roychip (Roy)

·
Registered
EV6 GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
57 Posts
Hello all
I am the proud owner of my first electric car the Kia EV6 air. I took delivery of it two days ago and have only driven it for a few miles. Only problem I have is that I park it close as poss. to my garage doors and as I have the Air version it has not got front parking sensors. With my previous car, a Lexus NX300 when you are stopped with your foot on the brake you could take your foot off the brake and it would creep forwards, slowly, which enabled me to creep towards the garage door under control. I have found, so far, that once the EV6 has stopped you need to creep forward by using the accelerator and it seems a bit sensitive !! Anyone know of a way to get the Kia to creep under brake control ?
I tried having the regen. braking up full and down to off, makes no difference.
I know I could reverse in and use the camera and sensors but its fine control at a low speed I need. I plan to talk to the dealer regarding this but I thought owners may have already sussed this out.
I hope I have described the small problem I have with the car sufficiently.
Other than this little problem I love the car.
Thanks for the forum its great.
Roychip (Roy)
I'm guessing that you have auto brake hold on by default so that when you come to a stop the brakes hold the car. If you cancel brake hold the car will creep forward as you let go the brake pedal.

Hope this helps

John

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for the replies. The air version does not support the remote park function but thanks for the suggestion and video. John, thanks that makes a lot of sense and when I've finished typing I'm straight out to try it.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
57 Posts
John, that worked a treat. Thanks
You're welcome.

It's usually something simple - this problem drove me nuts until I asked (on a diferent forum), so you're not alone :)

John.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts