Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
A dealer I contacted in So. Ill. is pushing to order one instead of waiting for one to come in.

They want a $1000 deposit.

Im willing to risk it and try to snag one, at MSRP, that's on its way in near by.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just curious to see if anyone has had any luck ordering an EV6. i’ve sent a couple of messages to. @MurlinatoR no luck placing a order yet.
Think he may have some stuff going on that’s keeping him away, hasn’t been as active here recently and had said something about his father in-law (I think that’s who it was) going to the hospital at one point. Hopefully all is well with him and he gets back to you soon!!
He did mention orders he was placing probably won’t arrive until late this year, so might be worth asking about ETA if you talk to a dealer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I spoke with Murlinator this weekend and he indicated that they have the orders in the system and he provided me documents for my order. Not sure how soon you reached out to him to place your order, but I am guessing he is reaching out to everyone that placed an order through him in the order they contacted him. It is my understanding that he placed all or at least as many as he could on the day orders opened. Of course, I don't want to speak for him but I would guess he will contact you as soon as he can.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spoke with Murlinator this weekend and he indicated that they have the orders in the system and he provided me documents for my order. Not sure how soon you reached out to him to place your order, but I am guessing he is reaching out to everyone that placed an order through him in the order they contacted him. It is my understanding that he placed all or at least as many as he could on the day orders opened. Of course, I don't want to speak for him but I would guess he will contact you as soon as he can.

Thanks for the heads up. My post wasn’t directed at @MurlinatoR . Just curious if folks on the forum have had any luck placing an order.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thank God there isn’t the equivalent of FedEx tracking for our car order, I think I’d spend all day Following the car status not getting me work done
Some people have tracked down cargo ships and manifests to see when some EV6s were coming over! Have to imagine that’s even more time-consuming since they weren’t provided the info like you are with a tracking number and had to find it all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven’t had any luck in western Chicago. It seems stock is coming in pretty regularly and you can reserve them a few weeks out if you’re lucky, but the markups and just having to deal with the haggling has really soured the experience. Sat down today and asked what their markups look like, and she said typically 20-23%, but there is room to talk… I’m envious of people looking for a Tesla, you could knock that ordering out on your phone in about 15 min.

·
Registered
Yacht Blue EV6 Wind RWD On Order
64 Posts
Nowhere near Chicago but my order was over the phone with a nearby dealer, gave my card number to pay a deposit and it was done. It’s awful they are hard to find there, sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
In Dallas tx, I didn't even needed to deposit anything. Salesman asked me to come in which I questioned why. He sent me a page to fill out. I filled it and took a picture of it and also my license and emailed it to him.

He initially told me 4-6 months but it appears I may get it under 2 months.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I haven’t had any luck in western Chicago. It seems stock is coming in pretty regularly and you can reserve them a few weeks out if you’re lucky, but the markups and just having to deal with the haggling has really soured the experience. Sat down today and asked what their markups look like, and she said typically 20-23%, but there is room to talk… I’m envious of people looking for a Tesla, you could knock that ordering out on your phone in about 15 min.
Elgin Kia was taking orders at MSRP with an expected 6-8 month wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was working with Michael there and he was a pleasure to deal with. I wound up finding one on the lot somewhere else but he was super helpful with the ordering and cancellation process
I email and then met with Reanne and she made the process super simple, no markups. Now we play the 6-8mo waiting game. @MurlinatoR I really appreciate the offer and if something happens with this deal I'll hit you up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts