Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the desert sun is melting the adhesive. Tops of my a pillar covers seem loose. Does anyone else's look like this or are mine in fact coming loose?

Daytime Sky Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

I'll be taking it in for the 8,000 mile service in another week or two anyway so I'll have them check it out then. Just curious though if this is common.

· Registered
381 Posts
My drivers side plastic internal piller cover has come loose. That with a rear rattle and the car thinking someone is sat in the rear middle seat, when someone sits to the right or left. Easy fixes I'm sure, but it's time I lack, taking time out taking it in 🙄

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is not normal. I have had my hatch make a crunching noise when closing on hot days. Expansion from heat sucks. Worst part is, just did my 8k service today and forgot to mention it.
I did the same thing with my headlights. I wanted to have them adjusted because it seems like they are aimed too low... took my car in a few months back to have the recall software update and completely forgot to mention it until after I left. It's on the list of things for the 8k service.

· Registered
314 Posts
i have looked at both of mine over and over again and i think eventually all of ours are going to look like that. I have 14k miles on mine no garage. steel matte so i wash it often and it always looks proud. I know one day it’ll be an issue.

· Registered
1 Posts
Mine is coming off as well. First 100 degree day did it on the drivers side. I started a post on reddit and it seems to be rare but it is in fact happening. I contacted the dealer right away and they ordered the part as well as the hardware to completely redo it under warranty. It's been 18 days, not sure how long the part will take to come in. Others that have had this replace no longer have the issue. Just let your dealer know and hopefully they'll work with you.

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine is coming off as well. First 100 degree day did it on the drivers side. I started a post on reddit and it seems to be rare but it is in fact happening. I contacted the dealer right away and they ordered the part as well as the hardware to completely redo it under warranty. It's been 18 days, not sure how long the part will take to come in. Others that have had this replace no longer have the issue. Just let your dealer know and hopefully they'll work with you.
I'm not ready to make my service appt yet for the 8k service since I have about 800 miles to go but I called them today to see if they would order the parts ahead of time... of course they said no.

· Registered
41 Posts
I'm not ready to make my service appt yet for the 8k service since I have about 800 miles to go but I called them today to see if they would order the parts ahead of time... of course they said no.
Why don't you take it to the dealer, get with the service manager and tell him you want it fixed ASAP. I can't imagine they wouldn't order it and tell you they will call when it comes in.

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why don't you take it to the dealer, get with the service manager and tell him you want it fixed ASAP. I can't imagine they wouldn't order it and tell you they will call when it comes in.
Because its not a big deal and I haven't had time to make a special trip down just for that. I already know I'll have to go in the next few weeks for my service so it can wait.

· Registered
12 Posts
Same thing is happening to mine, A-pillar cover coming loose like you showed. I'm located in GA and have to keep my vehicle parked outside and it has been quite hot this summer, hopefully I can take it to a dealer soon to get resolved under warranty.

· Registered
8 Posts
i have looked at both of mine over and over again and i think eventually all of ours are going to look like that. I have 14k miles on mine no garage. steel matte so i wash it often and it always looks proud. I know one day it’ll be an issue.
Our FE Glacier also has this; we are located in Maryland so temps have been up and down. My sister took it in today; the dealer wasn't the "most" helpful for a few reasons:

1) Mentioned that the trim(s) aren't covered after 12k miles. Since we were at 11,600, he aluded to being close to missing the window. Plus, they needed to take pictures to send to Kia before they could do anything about it and we would have to come back on Monday to drop it off for pictures... smh. Seems like an easy thing to do was to just take the photos and get the part ordered.
2) Mentioned that we needed to keep it under 12k between today and Monday which again, makes no sense.

I'm not actually sure that this would even fall under the 12mo window anyway; curious to see what your mileage(s) are and if you had such an issue with seemingly a minor thing.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Our FE Glacier also has this; we are located in Maryland so temps have been up and down. My sister took it in today; the dealer wasn't the "most" helpful for a few reasons:

1) Mentioned that the trim(s) aren't covered after 12k miles. Since we were at 11,600, he aluded to being close to missing the window. Plus, they needed to take pictures to send to Kia before they could do anything about it and we would have to come back on Monday to drop it off for pictures... smh. Seems like an easy thing to do was to just take the photos and get the part ordered.
2) Mentioned that we needed to keep it under 12k between today and Monday which again, makes no sense.

I'm not actually sure that this would even fall under the 12mo window anyway; curious to see what your mileage(s) are and if you had such an issue with seemingly a minor thing. View attachment 8912
Mine is right around 8k miles. They took pictures and said they had to submit it to Kia for approval to order the parts. The whole 12k mile thing sounds like horseshit.

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mine came off! Discovered it when I got out of the car.
View attachment 8942
Damn that's nuts. My service dept said they haven't heard back from Kia yet but if they don't hear back by Wednesday they will just go ahead and order the parts. Probably gonna be a while still before it gets replaced.

· Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD with Tech package (Aurora Black Pearl)
49 Posts
I noticed this same problem on mine last week. Today I dropped by the dealer (without an appointment) to schedule an appointment. They took a quick look at it and ordered the part (under warranty). Said they’ll call me when it arrives, ETA next week. 👍

1 - 20 of 29 Posts