Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
The little clips that hold it to the a pillar seem fragile. I had some body work done and they had to remove and replace that, one of the clips did not survive and so it was loose at the top forever until the whole replacement part could be ordered (plastic clip couldn't be had standalone, really bad.)

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I noticed this same problem on mine last week. Today I dropped by the dealer (without an appointment) to schedule an appointment. They took a quick look at it and ordered the part (under warranty). Said they’ll call me when it arrives, ETA next week. 👍
I called to check on mine today... they were ordered about 12 weeks ago. Service manager said they "just came in and they were going to call me today"... pretty sure they've been sitting there for a minute now. Going in next week to get them installed.. hopefully they last longer than the last set. I think it was sitting in the sun that loosed the clips.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The little clips that hold it to the a pillar seem fragile. I had some body work done and they had to remove and replace that, one of the clips did not survive and so it was loose at the top forever until the whole replacement part could be ordered (plastic clip couldn't be had standalone, really bad.)
plastic trim clips are often referred to as "Jesus clips."

As in "please Jesus don't break" as you're removing them.

Figure 1/3 breakage rate when removing anything with a blind trim clip

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD with Tech package (Aurora Black Pearl)
49 Posts
It took less than a week for the dealership to get my new A-pillar trim in, and less than 30 minutes to install once I got into their shop. Attached are photos so you can better see how it attaches. The first image is the backside of the old and new trim pieces laying in the engine bay of the car next to mine. The second is a blow up of the clips. And the last one is the A-pillar without the trim. Hope this helps clarify.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Yellow Hood Tread
Yellow Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas Tints and shades
Hood Window Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
85 Posts
Kia just issued a TSB for Sorento and Sportage models with loose trim that sounds like the same issue. Nothing for the EV6 yet. The TSB does confirm that Kia wants photos to approve a warranty claim.
Brilliant , thanks !
Now I know how to remove the sensor cover behind the rear view mirror on my NQ5.
Plan on grafting the dash cam wiring in there for neatness (y):cool:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts