Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious as for all the times I have looked at the EV6s at the dealerships I never thought to look and see if the calipers were painted. If so what color? I saw in the drag racing video that one was something of an acid green. I am thinking if they are not already painted I might get them painted when I get mine.

·
Registered
797 Posts
You can get the neon green paint and do them yourself. I saw a Stinger with it, must be a Kia neon green they use elsewhere.

I opted for black gloss Hammerite ultima, the same as I used on my Audi A4, it's self-levelling so looks sprayed on and really glossy, takes 2 coats though to get it just right. It was £7 and on my past car, after 3 years, not even a stone chip, it's rock-solid stuff. Got to be careful not to paint too thick or paint sections that shouldn't be painted, like brake pipes ). Bad thing is, ain't no getting this stuff off easily I bet.

I choose to do this as in my past cars, the silver factory calliper silver tends to get all white and weird looking after various chemicals have been on nit from the car wash and they end up rusting due to this, even Audi callipers did it.

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks! Lol, I was just thinking of a few mods to make the GT Line I am hopefully getting a little different, unique without effecting any warranties. I saw what EZpotato did and it got me thinking. I have a white GT line on order and was wondering about painting them some color if they don't already come painted. I was thinking maybe white, or the color the GT ones will have anything other than red. I love red on my stinger calipers but want the EV6 to just be different from what I have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts