Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD w/Tech Gravity Blue
174 Posts
How much does it cost? I don't trust the dealership because they snuck in $3K extra on the cost of vehicle and digitally forged my signature on numerous legal documents.
If it's like most cabin air filters, they are usually $20 or less. Usually they are a fairly standard size.

· Registered
1,849 Posts
Yeah you can change the cabin air filter yourself. It's easily accessible via the frunk.

Tire rotation... well you need tire rotation, the question is whether it's cheaper elsewhere. $20 seems reasonable to this Canadian. If you have winter tires on separate rims, then you don't need a tire rotation since you'll rotate the tires when you change the tires from winter/all-season and vice versa.

· Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE #0882 Urban Yellow
200 Posts
My dealer (Beyer Kia of Falls Church VA) provided the initial 8K mile scheduled maintenance for free (for ICE vehicles, they do similar with the first oil/filter change). Also Virginia State Inspection and car wash at no additional charge.

Like the other posts, you probably want to change the filter yourself and shop around for tire rotation/balance/alignment services. I had "lifetime" service agreements with Tires Plus for my 2002 Honda Insight, which I made good use of over the 17 years I had it.

· Registered
2022 EV6 First Edition Glacier/Green interior
103 Posts
Your dealer is really ripping you off on the cabin air filter. I believe my dealer told me the filter was in the low $30 range, but recommended NOT changing it. (They brought it to me and showed me how clean it was.) My only cost for the 8K service was $19.95 for the tire rotation. No charge for any of the inspections.

· Registered
72 Posts
Wish I had seen that filter a few days ago. I paid $36 for the filter at the dealership and have been charged $24 for the tire rotations. Just had my 16k service this week, and promptly hit over 17k within a day.

· Registered
164 Posts
Wish I had seen that filter a few days ago. I paid $36 for the filter at the dealership and have been charged $24 for the tire rotations. Just had my 16k service this week, and promptly hit over 17k within a day.
It does seem a US thing the rotation thing, we tend to be axle specific ( replace 2 at a time )in fact one of biggest tyre retailers doesn’t recommend it, personably think it’s a hangover from the early years of tyres , compounds are so different now

Tyre Rotation
Tyre rotation is the practice of moving your tyres from one position on the vehicle to another so that tyres wear more evenly over the course of their lives.

At Kwik Fit we do not recommend that you rotate your tyres to extend their legal life. The reasons for this are:

• Partly worn tyres are more likely to experience punctures – particularly in wet weather conditions.
  • Front tyre deflation will create an under-steer effect which is easier to control than over-steer (the effect produced by a rear tyre deflation) - though improper tyre pressure on any wheels is best avoided.

· Registered
301 Posts
It does seem a US thing the rotation thing, we tend to be axle specific ( replace 2 at a time )in fact one of biggest tyre retailers doesn’t recommend it, personably think it’s a hangover from the early years of tyres , compounds are so different now

Tyre Rotation
Tyre rotation is the practice of moving your tyres from one position on the vehicle to another so that tyres wear more evenly over the course of their lives.

At Kwik Fit we do not recommend that you rotate your tyres to extend their legal life. The reasons for this are:

• Partly worn tyres are more likely to experience punctures – particularly in wet weather conditions.
  • Front tyre deflation will create an under-steer effect which is easier to control than over-steer (the effect produced by a rear tyre deflation) - though improper tyre pressure on any wheels is best avoided.
Wow...that's very interesting. Their explanations don't seem to make much sense to me, though. Isn't inflation a completely separate concept? I mean...you could never rotate your tires and have underinflated fronts.

I've gotten a lot more life out of tires when conditions cause one set to wear faster than the rear. My rear-wheel-drive Tesla was one of them because of how hard I am on the accelerator pedal. Not sure yet on my EV6, but as heavily rear-biased as the power delivery is, it wouldn't surprise me if I have the same issue. I'll be swapping my winters on next week, but and will rotate the factory set when I reinstall them unless the tread depth is dead even.

· Registered
135 Posts
Wow...that's very interesting. Their explanations don't seem to make much sense to me, though. Isn't inflation a completely separate concept? I mean...you could never rotate your tires and have underinflated fronts.

I've gotten a lot more life out of tires when conditions cause one set to wear faster than the rear. My rear-wheel-drive Tesla was one of them because of how hard I am on the accelerator pedal. Not sure yet on my EV6, but as heavily rear-biased as the power delivery is, it wouldn't surprise me if I have the same issue. I'll be swapping my winters on next week, but and will rotate the factory set when I reinstall them unless the tread depth is dead even.
Agreed! The reasons they provide have NOTHING to do with the reason for rotating tires. The tires on the drive wheels wear faster than the front ones on a RWD. Simply rotate them to the front to equalize the wear rate.
Punctures? Inflation? WHAT!?! :oops:

· Registered
110 Posts
I think it is best to call service center for quotes before going in, if its just tire rotation and cabin filter, u can buy it your own and have a tire shop do the rotation for cheap. The inspection part should be part of the maintenance warranty or is that required. Though with this new tech and car, it does seem best to find a certified EV mechanics or dealer to check these things.

· Registered
164 Posts
Agreed! The reasons they provide have NOTHING to do with the reason for rotating tires. The tires on the drive wheels wear faster than the front ones on a RWD. Simply rotate them to the front to equalize the wear rate.
Punctures? Inflation? WHAT!?! :oops:
Sort of agree but .. just replace the rear wheel ones more frequently, I am not sure makes much difference over the life of the car

· Registered
164 Posts

I think slightly cultural as well, with our fuel costs other costs seem not material 😉

I have always run premium cars so a few extra dollars cost from not rotating tyres feels neither here nor there

1 - 20 of 27 Posts