Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read one poster recently say his dealer indicated the Yellow FE might not arrive until July. The issue for me is that although there are plenty of regular ev6’s without a sunroof I can sit in, I’ve yet to find one with a sunroof to try out for headroom. I’d hate to wait until July only to find out the headroom is too limited.

just curious if any tall drivers out there have been driving a sunroofed ev6 for a few weeks can offer any insight as to how you have fared with the 36.8 inches of headroom?

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind eAWD Glacier White
7 Posts
I'm 6' tall and found the headroom in the GT-Line with sunroof acceptable but not amazing. I ended up buying a Wind without sunroof and the increase in headroom was noticeable and welcome. However the absence or inclusion of a sunroof was not a decision-maker for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am 6'1 and drive a 5 series BMW with a sunroof. When I test drove the EV6 GT Line the headroom was noticeably less to what I am used to. It probably would have been ok but I won't lie, it made me want to jump in an Ioniq 5 Limited so I could see how much head room was in that one because of the glass roof.

What was more concerning for me was I couldn't see the instrument cluster well unless I really raised the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
252 Posts
It probably would have been ok but I won't lie, it made me want to jump in an Ioniq 5 Limited so I could see how much head room was in that one because of the glass roof.
Even the Ioniq 5 has reduced headroom with the glass roof. It has a retractable sunshade mechanism in the roof, so for the most headroom you would want the SEL trim, not the Limited. That being said, the I5 is (or feels) larger inside, so you're likely to have more headroom regardless of trim.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,801 Posts
I am over 6 feet tall and I have no issues with the Sunroof version, it really depends on if you can get comfortable with the seat in the lowest position.

Reactions: jjswan33

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a sunroof on my EV6 GT line. It is nice to have because without it the cabin would be quite dark during the all too frequent wet and gloomy BC days.

I am 6' and have never even noticed the roof height. I also have my seat in a high position. It actually does not make sense to use a person's overall height as a gauge. I have fairly long legs and probably a shorter body height than some. It's really the sitting body height that should be the gauge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Even the Ioniq 5 has reduced headroom with the glass roof. It has a retractable sunshade mechanism in the roof, so for the most headroom you would want the SEL trim, not the Limited. That being said, the I5 is (or feels) larger inside, so you're likely to have more headroom regardless of trim.
Sorry, that was what I was leaning towards. The Ioniq has more headroom by default and having the glass roof with the cover open would be the most possible headroom you could get. So that is all I was thinking to see to how it all fares.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,801 Posts
I'm only 5'9" and my hair touches the ceiling. I think it really is a matter of your torso height.
And how up the set is in the position, is yours all the way to the lowest position?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts