Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
The odd thing is that sometimes when I turn on the car, when I was previously hearing radio, the sound returns to a good quality for a few seconds, goes mute, then craps again.
The momentary good audio is likely when the Kia intro sound plays. I have that too.

After I took mine in for troubleshooting it started having a popping sound at startup, like a Taser. That stops after a few seconds.

I noticed the parking and lane change sounds were gone too. That's something to be aware of when backing up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed the parking and lane change sounds were gone too. That's something to be aware of when backing up.
Yes, mine also are gone. This, to me, is the biggest problem. I don't understand how you make safety features dependant of a media system. They should be independent. And now because one component breaks you lose how many systems?

Anyway I got a report from Kia saying that the car is safe to drive under this state. If any problem happens due to the lack of these sounds I'll put it up to them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This just happened to me too. Exact issue. EV6 wind awd at around 4k miles (about a month ago). The soonest they can get me in is next week… I’m confused about this recall thing though?! I took my car in back in May or June for a recall and they installed some kind of update. I should’ve but honestly didn’t look into what that recall was for… This audio thing happened a month later. Is there another (2nd) recall I don’t know about?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’m confused about this recall thing though?! I took my car in back in May or June for a recall and they installed some kind of update. I should’ve but honestly didn’t look into what that recall was for… This audio thing happened a month later. Is there another (2nd) recall I don’t know about?
I have not kept track of the updates and recalls aside from the major big parking brake recall. They installed some related to climate control without asking and my audio stayed fine.

After mine broke they tried an update specifically for audio. It did not help. In fact, I noticed the ticking noise at start up after they tried the update.

My Meridian audio was never awesome to begin with. It always sounded like a basic audio system. I'm hoping the new amp will improve it.

This thread has more information from Kia and other owners.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Took my Wind RWD to the dealer yesterday. They first tried the update to the audio, but that didn’t work. They were aware of the problems others have reported with the external amp and have ordered one for me. Was told a 2-4 week wait. We’ll see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, found this thread searching for the problem on my car. Had the same issue, mine is a Dynamic Plus with 6200km, basically all safety sounds stopped working and radio sounds like crap. Music from Android auto, you need to put the volume really high to hear anything and the quality is very poor. The odd thing is that sometimes when I turn on the car, when I was previously hearing radio, the sound returns to a good quality for a few seconds, goes mute, then craps again. I tried the head unit reset, tried removing and putting back all fuses (all of them ok) but nothing works. Dealer also agrees that it's the amp. When I brought it in I gave them my input and they spilled the beans: 3 other EV6 with the same problem, and the amps are on back order. They told me to expect at least 2 months until the amp is here... I'm based in the Netherlands.
I'm also from NL and have the same issue. I'm waiting for the replacement amp since April. When I went to the dealer the first time they said that they will get one in a few days and we scheduled an appointment to replace it, I went there and of course they did not receive it and I have been waiting since then. I have removed the AMP breaker as the popping sound was very annoying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have not kept track of the updates and recalls aside from the major big parking brake recall. They installed some related to climate control without asking and my audio stayed fine.

After mine broke they tried an update specifically for audio. It did not help. In fact, I noticed the ticking noise at start up after they tried the update.

My Meridian audio was never awesome to begin with. It always sounded like a basic audio system. I'm hoping the new amp will improve it.

This thread has more information from Kia and other owners.
Totally! I've checked this forum pretty intermittently so I may be a little late but I see what you're saying. I'm just glad this is a known fixable issue... I really love the car! My husband remembered it was a parking recall but I didn't... life's been nuts as a business owner with twins at home, but I agree. The Meridian sound system isn't as great as the Fender one that I had with my VW but honestly, I will never buy another VW after the experiences I had with the last two I owned. Sucks but I'm hoping they can fix it in a timely manner but we will see... hope you don't have the same issue but hey, it could be worse! 💜

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same issue and response from the service center as many other ppl are getting. They did the audio update today and the part they need is on back order - they could not provide an ETA. So who knows how long it will take to actually fix… in ATX

21 - 29 of 29 Posts