Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the current news on U.S. Allocations and deliveries? We hear things are slowing due to the chip shortage or change to 2023 Model Year. I use EV finder frequently and it looks to me that the "arriving" status is far less than the May / June window. My dealer doesn't seem to have any real insight except that we will try to match your order. Are there any other tools besides the theevefinder.com to see inventory and allocation? Are there any production numbers available? I have heard the model year 2023 went into production in June, are we seeing any June builds being delivered yet to confirm or deny that production? Of course, like many waiting for the call that says your cars on its way, I am curious what the production numbers are looking like with hope that will facilitate order fulfillment. Who has some intel?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good question. My dealership told me that the people that put orders in just before mine were getting their vehicles last month. I'm thinking that if I don't see any progress on my order this month that I'm just going to go ahead and cancel my order. It's not as much a protest cancellation as much as it is just a cancellation because I haven't been given too much information and at this point am ready to just sit pat and apply the money I'll save towards getting back into a house. Of course, this will depend on what the markets are going to do, and I suspect after the election cycle, we'll get a better idea.

I will say that this attempted purchase has been even less informative than my purchase back in Feb. GM at least had a website that would tell you when your order was picked up by the factory.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wouldn't cancel. They are incredible cars. Sorry to hear about your frustration it could be a simple thing like the color of paint you chose or something like that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ive been staring at evsix site, it hasnt move much or add anything new for almost a month. Not sure if it tracks my23 or there is just no new production being put out yet.. its odd.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ive been staring at evsix site, it hasnt move much or add anything new for almost a month. Not sure if it tracks my23 or there is just no new production being put out yet.. its odd.
I wonder if the EV6 has encountered the same batch of flawed chips as the Ioniq 5?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Good question. My dealership told me that the people that put orders in just before mine were getting their vehicles last month. I'm thinking that if I don't see any progress on my order this month that I'm just going to go ahead and cancel my order. It's not as much a protest cancellation as much as it is just a cancellation because I haven't been given too much information and at this point am ready to just sit pat and apply the money I'll save towards getting back into a house. Of course, this will depend on what the markets are going to do, and I suspect after the election cycle, we'll get a better idea.

I will say that this attempted purchase has been even less informative than my purchase back in Feb. GM at least had a website that would tell you when your order was picked up by the factory.
I wouldn't cancel, especially given the uncertainty about the future of the tax credit. This may be your only chance to get into an EV6 with the credit. If the new legislation passes, the EV6 won't be eligible unless they start building it in North America which would likely be at least 2025. Even then, Kia likely lacks the contracts to source battery components in the US.

According to a CBO study, based on the current language in the pending legislation, only about 30% of EV models available in the US will qualify for the new credit.

The car is very much worth the wait My car got "lost" for a few weeks. Every order except mine came into the dealership. I know the frustration.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I wouldn't cancel. They are incredible cars. Sorry to hear about your frustration it could be a simple thing like the color of paint you chose or something like that.
I wouldn't cancel, especially given the uncertainty about the future of the tax credit. This may be your only chance to get into an EV6 with the credit. If the new legislation passes, the EV6 won't be eligible unless they start building it in North America which would likely be at least 2025. Even then, Kia likely lacks the contracts to source battery components in the US.

According to a CBO study, based on the current language in the pending legislation, only about 30% of EV models available in the US will qualify for the new credit.

The car is very much worth the wait My car got "lost" for a few weeks. Every order except mine came into the dealership. I know the frustration.
I'd love to upgrade my Leaf, but I'd also be upgrading my car payment and my APR. The delay would force me to "settle" with my current situation, which isn't that bad for now. I also still have an i4 e40 on order that is supposed to be fulfilled by around Feb of next year, although I heard that they're having all sorts of recalls due to fires. The Leaf is a decent daily driver, but even at the highest trim level, I wish there were more premium features. Ahhh, first world problems...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts