Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car has auto unlock for the doors when I approach the car.

I thought I read somewhere that the same should happen with the boot.

I know not everyone would want that feature, but I would (or better yet with a foot gesture).

Any ideas?

[Edit] RTFM. Doors need to be locked at least 30 seconds…

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,494 Posts
My car has auto unlock for the doors when I approach the car.

I thought I read somewhere that the same should happen with the boot.

I know not everyone would want that feature, but I would (or better yet with a foot gesture).

Any ideas?

[Edit] RTFM. Doors need to be locked at least 30 seconds…

·
Registered
286 Posts
Get your other half to open it for you.

Think it is only on the GT-Line S, but yes you do have to leave it locked for a while and then sneak up on it and hang around for 3 seconds till the beeps/lights flash.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,494 Posts
I had this feature on my 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe, it was great for the most part. Except when I was doing other things in the garage near the vehicle and got too close and the lift gate opened when I didnt want it to.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get your other half to open it for you.

Think it is only on the GT-Line S, but yes you do have to leave it locked for a while and then sneak up on it and hang around for 3 seconds till the beeps/lights flash.
I’m not quite sure why you have phrased it that way, but yes, I find being able to walk up to the rear of the car and have the boot open within a few seconds to be a very desirable feature.

I had it on my Merc and a simple foot gesture opened that - very useful when your hands are full.

You are correct - only available on GT Line S, so that’s okay for me.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I’m not quite sure why you have phrased it that way, but yes, I find being able to walk up to the rear of the car and have the boot open within a few seconds to be a very desirable feature.

I had it on my Merc and a simple foot gesture opened that - very useful when your hands are full.

You are correct - only available on GT Line S, so that’s okay for me.
Just for fun really.

I did see a video of someone trying to do a demo with an Ioniq 5 and they were having real problems. It was because they hadn't locked it and waited long enough, so they were sneaking around it trying to get it to open.

When they finally found that it needs to be locked for around 30 seconds, it then worked faultlessly.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just for fun really.

I did see a video of someone trying to do a demo with an Ioniq 5 and they were having real problems. It was because they hadn't locked it and waited long enough, so they were sneaking around it trying to get it to open.

When they finally found that it needs to be locked for around 30 seconds, it then worked faultlessly.
No worries.

I would normally be returning to the car from elsewhere with an armful of stuff, so the 30 second delay makes sense.

I was just going around the car checking stuff out when I tried the auto open feature before 30 seconds was up - I may not even have locked the car…

Anyway, I hope you get your EV6 soon - there does seem to be a few issues getting updates on certain variants.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.