Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are people finding the automatic parking on the ev6?

The dealer 'demonstrated' it to me and I wasn't too impressed... It went back and forward a lot and ended up over the line to the bay. In fairness, there was only a car on one side of the bay, so wondering if this was what upset it.

Also, when he showed me the drive via key thing, it wouldn't then go into drive! He had to get out, lock and unlock the car, then have another go.

Wasn't a very successful demo!

I asked about motorway driving and was told it can change lane if I indicate, but from its attempt at parking I wouldn't be very confident giving it control at speed!

I've never had a car with automatic parking or steering so not sure how it compares to other cars. Anyone have more experience and can comment?

·
Registered
5 Posts
How are people finding the automatic parking on the ev6?

The dealer 'demonstrated' it to me and I wasn't too impressed... It went back and forward a lot and ended up over the line to the bay. In fairness, there was only a car on one side of the bay, so wondering if this was what upset it.

Also, when he showed me the drive via key thing, it wouldn't then go into drive! He had to get out, lock and unlock the car, then have another go.

Wasn't a very successful demo!

I asked about motorway driving and was told it can change lane if I indicate, but from its attempt at parking I wouldn't be very confident giving it control at speed!

I've never had a car with automatic parking or steering so not sure how it compares to other cars. Anyone have more experience and can comment?
Similar I was shown the car reversing and going forward straight. It doesn't steer into the space, so not impressed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts