Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not likely unless entire batch is done with issues that are not found by QA . And from some examples on the road i have seen over 20k miles so far. This are isolated cases that where investigated and it will be addressed in time.
So keep driving and if this issue arises bring it in and start a ticket?

Couple quick bonus Q's (feel free to disregard since these are off topic): why were EV6/I5 not designed to include bigger frunks?

Why does it seem that the interior plastic (specifically driver door panel surrounding window controls) is especially fragile? Mine has a nick and a few scuffs and I've barely touched it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Tom, the EV tech at the dealer, believes the shaft is too long and is unable to completely disengage from the disconnect. He did tell me that the mechanical design of the disconnect is very similar to the syncro design of a manual transmission and because of that design will have a very long life, assuming the shaft is correct!
So does he think this is the case for all AWD models and, if so, does this mean it's got recall potential?

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's what he believes the AWD cars will have a recall. But he did qualify his statement as "I'm just the technician" and not an engineer!
Copy that. Welp, I haven't experienced the noises yet knocks on wood so I'll just keep driving, keep my ears open, and watch for a recall. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts