Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD Tech package
76 Posts
Now let's open can of worms ?
Questions please.
Design seems to be fine. What I noticed is that axle disconnect is turned off during sport mode. My question is if I run sport mode as my main drive mode is that going to have impact on wearing of components? Is this disconnect just there to help with energy efficiency? What is the point of the system?

·
Registered
76 Posts
It should wear slower, normal mode is actually what should wear it the fastest since it does a lot of connecting and disconnecting. (though it should be designed to do that and last most if not all of the car's life) Yes, the purpose is for efficiency, get the best of AWD while not sacrificing (as much) on efficiency.

While some automakers choose to keep the traditional long hood profile of ICE cars and add a frunk for extra storage practicality, others are opting to shorted the hood and add that length into the cabin and rear cargo. Hyundai group didn't really give us that space in the cargo, but they did in rear legroom. It's just a matter of which approach the manufacturer went with. The interesting thing is they gave us that small box at all but it has some use honestly like fitting a 12v jumper pack in there.

Then there is BMW who gives you a long hood and no frunk...because some companies are assholes.
thanks, but what is the purpose of an axle disconnect vs differential disconnect? Does the car have limited slip?

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's what he believes the AWD cars will have a recall. But he did qualify his statement as "I'm just the technician" and not an engineer!
that sucks I really hope that is not the case. My car currently doesn't have the issue so I'd imagine it wouldn't be a recall unless it was a safety issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts