Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
No technician is allowed to dig inside of front propulsion unit yet. So let's not make big horror stories about this. Kia engineering is collecting them and giving as new assembly to replace if this needs attention. So they do teardown and investigation. There are EV6 vehicle's with over 20k miles without any issues with front propulsion units. This could be just low % of units that have failed so far. This are common issues with every other EV manufacturers. If and when there is need for recall it will be taken care of by Kia.
So enjoy your time and vehicle.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm not at all suggesting that a tech at the dealer start digging into my car. But the lack of willingness to listen and properly document what I've reported has been disappointing. I provided a lot of details, including recordings of the noise. The tech at my dealer also made recordings. I gotta be honest, it feels like cover up and dismiss to me. But, we're about to go for round 2. So we'll see.

Also, don't get me wrong. I'm enjoying my $54,000 car. It's a blast. No drivability issues.

And I'd still like to know what you think about this issue from a technical perspective.
I will explain from engineering standpoint.
This will help with efficiency and prevent unnecessary stress on rotor bearings for front propulsion unit when not engaged.
Regarding what is causing it , no technician is allowed yet to teardown one of this units to see what is the problem. Kia/Hyundai engineering is aware of this and they are working on this issue to find root cause that is happening with some vehicles. To me they are completely isolated cases that unfortunately are happening more than once to same vehicle. One in the shop i was supposed to replace entire front propulsion unit that showed up, they are putting on hold and sending another assembly. So I'm definitely positive that they did revisions on front propulsion units and one they sent is probably not one with new revision that they did not long ago. So keep eyes and ears open for any unusual noise from front propulsion units and have service department involved when there is problem that has to be resolved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts