Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this: Initially the 110v plug under the back seat worked great allow us to power any appliance when I'm utility mode or when the car is on. Then we had to wiggle the cord of appliances to initiate the flow of electricity as if there was something loose in the socket. Then we had to hold the plug to one side to get it to work. Finally the outlet stopped working altogether. The light on the outlet illuminates blue but never goes r d then green as it should. Took it to the dealer and they have nooooo clue. They didn't even know what the plug was. It seems like one of the wires feeding the outlet has wiggle loose or some such. Anyone? Bueller...

·
Registered
4 Posts
So this is just a guess from my experience on business jets. I take care of a gulfstream. In the cabin we have 120 60hz plugs for the paxs. The way the plugs work is that there is not power to the plug all the time like in a house. (for safety) when a male plug is inserted a contact is made in the plug. That sends a signal for the power to be sent to the plug. If the contacts are bad or even the prongs on the plug are to short the contact will never be made. One time we had a plug that didn't work with apple phone chargers. We found the reason was the prongs were just a little shorter on it and the connection was not made.
I haven't looked at a electrical print for my car because I don't have access to them. Sometimes the problem at the dealer is they give the problem to a mechanic with little or no electrical experience or training.

Just a thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts